I HATE COPS...........................(long sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dude, if you kept quiet and compliant, you may have gotten off with a warning...

or maybe even a "thank you for your good work in Iraq"
Old 04-05-2004, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: well...yeah, i agree.

yeah, the police aren't going to lie about you speeding. If you get caught then you got caught. Thats the bottom line. I'm not telling people to go to court and lie and say they weren't doing something. Just like an officer they don't like BS. I went said, yeah I was speeding, wasn't really paying attention just going with the flow of traffic. This happens to everyone and they will understand and go easy on you. If I were doing 100 in a 25 then nothing will save you.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I did a police ride-along when I was in college...(and ? for Ron inside):

The ride-along was really cool, especially since we were in "hot pursuit" for a flasher!! No kidding...

Question about being pulled over Ron, if you don't mind. I've read that officers and troopers really appreciate it when you're pulled over, instead of rummaging in your car to find your papers, you roll down your window. Then you place your left arm on the door's ledge and you cross your right arm over and rest it on your left wrist. This way, the officer/trooper will see you're not trying to find a concealed weapon, etc, and they appreciate your concern for their saftey. True?

Thanks!

--morgan
Old 04-05-2004, 08:22 AM

Default Re: I did a police ride-along when I was in college...(and ? for Ron inside):

One would also be advised to turn on the dome light if you're pulled over at night, and roll down the windows if they're tinted.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you hate cops??? they took away my audi and arrested me under false charges!!

listen to this! one day my friend and i are driving out of englishtown and into manalapan when i pass a cop going towards englishtown. i have an expired inspection sticker so i said i better get off the road so i pulled into a gas station. i looked behind me to see if the cop was coming after me or not and he wasnt, he was still going towards englishtown. i so i am sitting in the gas station with my passenger waiting for my friend who i was following to realize i wasnt behind him and come to the gas station. then the cops pulls behind me with his lights on and asks me for the usual. i ask him why after i gave him my info and he said he will tell me in a second. then he asks me why i ran from him. ?!?!?!?! why i ran?? i didnt run, he wasnt behind me! so i told him i didnt then he pulls me outta my car. asks me if my stereo equipment was stolen the tells me he is gonna run a check on the serial numbers! (he never did) he tells me to put my hands on the trunk so i do and ask what i did. then he grabs me by the neck and slams me against my car numerous times yelling about how he isnt in a good mood and how he has been doing this job for too long. then he tells me to sit in the car and calls my friend out. tells him he is gonna take someone to jail but wont tell us why. then after a while of sitting in his car talking on the cell phone this pig calls me out to the back again and tells me once again to place my hands on the trunk then arrests me for eluding! then tells me he is gonna take my car away for good because it was used in a crime! he brings me down to the station and types up the summons. on the summons he says that after i recieved a signal from the cop to stop i accelerated away and then pulled into a gas station at a high rate of speed trying to hide from him. all bull****...i didnt accelerate away i decelerated and he wasnt even truned around! i have my friend who i was following to testify that. he said he turned around to see if the cop was follwoing him (He was speeding) and said he didnt see me but saw the cop making a u turn then turn on his lights..so i was already in the gas staion) also my father and i went back to the scene....it took me 10 seconds to get to the gas station from where i saw the officer..now i was in fith gear so there is no way i could have accelerated from the 25 mph speed limit to the 40mph speed limit (englishtown is 25 manalapan is 40). so its all BS and if i went into the gas station as fast as he said then i would have crashed. its been a month now and he still has my car in the impound..they wont release it to me and they have dropped the eluding charge but are now pressing me with obstructing an officer.. this is why it is so tough for me. i have a record. i am on probation so they arent gonna let me go..its my word against a cops. so i hadda hire a lawyer. i am so broke right now.. the cop also gave me two tickets...one for my inspection sticker the other for a loud exhaust.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Everybody has BAAAAAD days, sounds like this was your allotment!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:58 AM

Default however...cops make mistakes...

I got a ticket for 77mph in a 60 zone, with the cop having used laser.

I was absolutely not going 77mph. I told the city cop that, he didn't care, and didn't even begin to think about the possibility that he MIGHT have screwed up. I find that his disrespect for my integrity very irritating, and if he wasn't a gun toting idiot with a badge and more authority than his pea-brain can handle, I would have had some words with him.

Scenario:
4 lane highway - 1330 hours on a weekday, moderate to heavy traffic (average of 2 car lengths between cars, some pockets of larger gaps)
Me - in the LEFT lane - cruising about 65mph
Cop - in the far RIGHT shoulder.

I'd like to know how he got a good reading on my car across 4 lanes of fast moving traffic. He didn't. He got somebody else at 77mph - he made a mistake.

What pisses me off is that the system screws the little guy over.

1. Fine is $225.
2. Guilt is assumed (like hell it isn't, don't argue :P)
3. Court is setup to take you away from work, has fees of it's own, and it's my word against the cop, who supposedly used laser to confirm my alleged speed of 17mph over the limit.
It's only financially feasible for me to just take it like a little prison bi@#$% and I don't appreciate it.

If I had a ton of money I'd fight him on principle...but I don't, so he get's away with it.
It's just another BS tax on the lower and middle class.

I love the BS lecture part too...."I've seen a lot of wrecks along here..." Well cheesepuff, I've never caused an accident in 18 years of driving. It's not about speed, it's about attentiveness. Any idiot with common sense knows that.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:59 AM

Default hmmm...just based on the way you describe the situation.....

i'd have probably taken you in too.

Are some cops way out of line sometimes, yes. (this guy may have been)
but to paint everyone as a "pig" (nice infantile choice of words, assuming you even know what it means) just cause they wear the uniform is simply moronic.

once again, i'd bet $$ that if there were a video, it would show you as a bit hostile to the cop.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:06 AM

Default where to put your hands....(long)

some officers like different things, but it's safe to say, that if you put your hands on the steering wheel and already have the window down when he gets to your car, you'll do just fine.
(at night, turn the dome light on). tell the officer everything you're going to do. "i'm going to reach into my glove box and get my registration, OK?" Being polite goes a loooong way.

It's like this. you're taught in the academy that every traffic stop can potentially end your life. and it can. more cops are killed on simple traffic stops than anything else. you simply don't know if the car you've just stopped is a granny on her way to church or a granny who just robbed a 7-11. you approach the car assuming that the person is going to do you harm. having the person inside start to berate you about why they're being stopped and "don't you know who i am"

make their life easier and they'll make yours easier. prove the assumtions they are making about you wrong
Old 04-05-2004, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just roll the window down and place your hands on the steering wheel. That's fine.

Ron, thanks for posting your opinion. Much appreciated and valued, not to mention on the mark.

I agree, go on a ride-along. Pick a Friday or Saturday night shift and ask for an officer who likes to stay busy, and is very pro-active. Go out and do some night time traffic stops on cars with tinted windows and unknown individuals inside, or get out on foot and go searching for the guy who just robbed the 7-11, or kicked his wife's ***. Wanna have some real fun? Go into someone's house on a domestic violence call. Or how 'bout a bar fight?

These guys risk their lives every minute they're on duty. Every single traffic stop is a potential death trap, and at night with the number of drug and alcohol intoxicated driver's on the road, their risk factor goes up exponentially.

Quick Reply: I HATE COPS...........................(long sorry)