I love my door handles. I love my door handles. I love my door handles. Fix it list...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my door handles. I love my door handles. I love my door handles. Fix it list...

Think if I say it over and over and over, it will come true?

Got some freezing rain last night so I was uber careful getting in the 4kq today. Trigger stuck in the handle when I squeezed, so I pryed it back with my key. Get in, shut the door, and it just bounces back...didn't latch. I love it when that happens. I'm fortunate all my door handles WORK...though they can be temperamental!

<b>Fix it list</b>--to do well in advance before Carlisle so my 4kq can make it this year:

--Replace headlight bulb (One is out and I look like a moron on the road.)
--Lube up door handles
--Mount new tires (ordered and received)
--Attempt allignment
--Replace things when the shop can't allign her
--Attempt allignment again
--Turn of OXS lite (Easy to do...BUT...the cable is hanging by a thread. I'm afraid to pull the cluster because that bad boy is gonna break off causing more headaches.)
--Install new German plate frame and plate
--Re-Bumper Black rear bumper
--Fix one spot of clear-coat peel on roof
--Respray spoiler

Good thing is...she'd make the 3 hour drive to Carlisle if I attempted it today; I'd just like to fix some annoying things.

It's almost our 10 year anniversary together. I need to figure out what to "get" her.

--morgan
Old 03-03-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Speedo cable hanging by a thread...

Do you mean the clip is about to break? Mine completely disintegrated the last time I had my cluster out, but the cable is so stiff and didn't move forward or backward when I tried to move it, so I just put the cluster back in without clipping the clip and it has been working, so far. I think "austinado" said he fixed his with some metal paste or something.

Good luck, and I hope nothing breaks!

Chris
Old 03-03-2006, 05:53 AM
No Bozos!

Default I made

myself a set of these toe boards, and they work great. I've used the string method and I also tried using a toe-in gauge, but this works best. It's by far the easiest and most accurate(besides a laser setup).

For camber I use a regular framers square with a digital level. I happened ot have one(level) from work, so I figured out a way to make it work for this application.

There's also a good writeup on using the toe boards on the site, and an overview of toe alignment too.<ul><li><a href="http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=152&amp;catid=5">http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=152&amp;catid=5</a></li></ul>
Old 03-03-2006, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Does that link go to a Western Decor site or is my computer doin funky stuff?

<ul><li><a href="http://www.texasterritories.com/decorativewesternaccents.asp">http://www.texasterritories.com/decorativewesternaccents.asp</a</li></ul>
Old 03-03-2006, 05:59 AM
No Bozos!

Default Oh and BTW (Carlisle hijack)

I stopped by and talked to my friend who wanted to go to Carlisle. We confirmed we are indeed going for sure.

I'll try and get us registered maybe next week.

I think we will bring at least two cars(Audi and Austin Healey). And another friend who wants to come also will bring his camper. I'l talk to his wife this afternoon to verify that. If I can latch onto a double trailer, I'll bring both cars.

I've got it on the calendar, and unless there's a major catastrophe we're good to go.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wooohoooooooo!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How do you decide on which vehicle to drive for the day??
Old 03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Lol! My 2 block in Scott's 3 (small driveway). I'd rather leave the 4kq in a crowded lot v. the S4.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Very cool...further info:

I can't remember if I emailed you about this or not (if so, ignore me please!). If you're bringing 2 cars, it will be cheaper if you register together...then the 2nd vehicle won't be $15 as well...I think $10 for the second one. One registration is good for you, your car, and one guest for the whole weekend. SOOO, if you're just brining one car and your friend, then it'd be better if just one of you registered.

As for the camper and trailer, you might want to call the people at Carlisle. I know there's a separate fee to park each...so maybe you can tell them what you're bringing and they will tell you how much to pay.

Just trying to make it as cheap and as easy as possible for you...sorry if it's information-overload!!

--morgan
Old 03-03-2006, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yup, and thanks. It's been a while (30k miles)...and I don't remember exactly...

all I remember is that I wasn't looking forward to the day the OXS lite popped back on. But if the cluster works w/o clipping the clip back in (like you did) I may be all set!

P.S. You coming to Carlisle this year?

--morgan

Quick Reply: I love my door handles. I love my door handles. I love my door handles. Fix it list...