I need help, anyone have a spare hazard switch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help, anyone have a spare hazard switch?

I dont need a relay- im ordering one from autohausaz.com..

I need the actual switch and i cant find one anywhere!
Mine was on its way out and now its malfuntioning completly. I have no turn signals or guage readings haha!

Help!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

hmm, i have an extra switch from my parts car. i just dont know how i can get it to you.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok well do you have paypal?

autohausaz has the wrong turn signal p/n listed for my 85cgt..

I need relay p/n 111953227D..

Its a 3 prong relay. Its located behind the gauge cluster/dash. it is connected to the wire loom the the hazards and defroster are connected to.

I found the relay online but some people are charging a lot. ecs tuning wants $54 for it. its a 70-79 bug relay as well as a 924/944/968 porsche.

Heres my other issue... can anyone identify the brown burned wire and connected fuse that plugs into my headlight switch?

another view:

Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

i dont have paypal, and im not sure if there is a parts difference between an 85 to an 87 so we have to check that out. Looks like your going to have fun with them wires...

My headlight switch got burned out and some of the wires leading to the switch are all melted.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hazard switch and relay...

Originally Posted by jh0104
I dont need a relay- im ordering one from autohausaz.com..

I need the actual switch and i cant find one anywhere!
Mine was on its way out and now its malfuntioning completly. I have no turn signals or guage readings haha!

Help!
I can hook you up with both the relay and the switch. Paypal is fine by me. Let me know if you still need them and we can talk details.

I am right down in the Lancaster PA area, so they won't take long to get to you.

Email me off list, if you want. My email address is: Inline5fan@yahoo.com

Cheers

Ted Haug
86 Coupe GT
90 V8 quattro
Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Headlight switch harness....

Originally Posted by jh0104
ok well do you have paypal?

autohausaz has the wrong turn signal p/n listed for my 85cgt..

I need relay p/n 111953227D..

Its a 3 prong relay. Its located behind the gauge cluster/dash. it is connected to the wire loom the the hazards and defroster are connected to.

I found the relay online but some people are charging a lot. ecs tuning wants $54 for it. its a 70-79 bug relay as well as a 924/944/968 porsche.

Heres my other issue... can anyone identify the brown burned wire and connected fuse that plugs into my headlight switch?

another view:

I may also be able to help you out with your headlight switch harness issue. I can look for the correct harness for you with non melted wires.

The headlights on these cars are not relayed from the factory. Hence, there is a lot of current running through that switch. Lots of current equals lots of heat, which in turns leads to melted switches, harnesses, and wiring.

Let me know if you still need help with that as well.

Cheers,

Ted Haug
86 Coupe GT
90 V8 quattro
Old 05-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Inline5fan
I may also be able to help you out with your headlight switch harness issue. I can look for the correct harness for you with non melted wires.

The headlights on these cars are not relayed from the factory. Hence, there is a lot of current running through that switch. Lots of current equals lots of heat, which in turns leads to melted switches, harnesses, and wiring.

Let me know if you still need help with that as well.

Cheers,

Ted Haug
86 Coupe GT
90 V8 quattro

heres the thing, that brown wire is cut and spliced.. i dont think they are spliced from the factory? could the previous owner relayed the headlights? who knows, i got to dig in there and have a look around, haha...

oh yes, and i found my relay on ebay for $8 used shipped! just arrived today and works like a charm. my switch seems sticky like its not making good contact.. maybe ill just pop it apart and clean the contacts?

ohh i have so much to do to my audi before i can autocross her. my jetta has been down for 3 days, ignition switch went bad.. timing belt slipped (replaced today, re-timed) TB tensioner is frozen stuck haha, so i have to order that tomorrow.. hmm what else, oh yes my $102.99 bosch oem plug wires and denso plugs.. my toggle switch for my starter.. oh my i spent $200 on a $400 car that i autocross and daily drive hahaha!