I think someone is trying to scam me out of my Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think someone is trying to scam me out of my Audi.

See the below correspondence regardin someone in the UK who wants to buy my Audi. A similiar incedent happened with someone from Sweden.

Read below: What do you think?

Hello,
Thanks for the mail and sorry for the late response, i have been busy.
I am alright with the conditions and the price.Regarding the payment, a certified US bank check withdrawn from USA bank will be send to you by my associate in the state which you can cash in your bank.So now that i have your details for the payment,i will ask my associate to send you the cheque, the cheque that will be sent to you will be in amount of money that will cover the cost of the (Audi 4000 CS) in as well as the shipping cost.So all you are to do is as soon as you get the cheque,you deduct your cost price from it of the (Audi 4000 CS) as soon as you have the money from your bank then, you would have to send the rest of the money to my shipper via western union money transfer to my shipper and as soon as my shipper gets the money he will come to your location the next to get the Audi 4000 CS shipped.i will instruct my shipper to come to your address and pick the Audi 4000 CS for shipment. I hope this is clear with you.....

I want you to forward the address to issued the cheque and it will be sent out to you for the payment:-

Full name that will be on the check:-

Full Address where to send the check:-

Send me your phone number......

I await your reply as soon as possible.
Best Regards.

Thank you for your time and kindness attention. I remain

Very truly yours,
Mr John.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Cool! it's definately a scam, keep the money!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Scam, Scam, Scam.... the details of this scam can be found at www.snopes.com... or search in Google

Sending somebody money to sell <b>your</b> car? Ridiculous. And they claim they are from the UK, and their English is terrible. Keep your money!

I've seen this scam before. They try to make you feel comfortable with associates, and shippers, and professional sounding crap, but listen to the very tone of the wording. Poor to very poor. Substitute associate with the word "crack *****", and you will get a better idea of what they are saying.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the feedback......
Old 01-28-2008, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No problem, I hate these kind of people! Tell them you think its a scam, and see how...

defensive and ridiculous they get.

If they want to prove its not a scam, then you need a certified check, cash it, tell the bank YOU THINK ITS A FAKE (as thats how the scam works), and then see.

They send you a check, its fake, but its such a good fake that your bank can't tell. Only when it gets to the original bank (the name on the certified check), do they realize that its crap. That takes 2-3 weeks. By that time, you have already sent them the shipping money, and then your bank comes after you for check fraud. How ridiculous is that!

And sometimes they even come by to pick up the car, and you are left with a lawsuit, and no car.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Lane Shark

Default I already warned you about this scam

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/4000/msgs/148716.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/4000/msgs/148716.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default How about this one?

<ul><li><a href="http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/555081210.html">http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/555081210.html</a</li></ul>
Old 01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I appreciate your advice..
Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Lane Shark

No idea if that's a scam, doesn't seem to be.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Lane Shark

Better luck w/ the next potential buyer. Maybe it's karma saying you should keep it.

Quick Reply: I think someone is trying to scam me out of my Audi.