I've been chasing many issues at once.. thought I would share...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've been chasing many issues at once.. thought I would share...

I am still refining the code for my 10VT RS2 monster. When things are running well... they are running VERY well. Of late I have been chasing problem after problem.

First the duty cycle of the FFV kept trying to richen up the mixture. Slowly creeping upwards. Usually this indicates a leak in the intake path. At first UI found the large multi-nipple on the back of the IM would pop out under high boost. Acted like a fuel cut. Drove me nuts because when I let off the gas the vac would suck it back in again since the hoses kept it lined up.

Once that was glued back in I found one of the BPV hoses also had a tear. Replaced that and all was well again.. for a little while.

The fuel and boost issues started coming back. Very perplexing. Then the other day on the way to take my kids to school I found the FFV was trying to run past 04! Not good. The car was stumbling badly and I needed to keep the revs up. I pulled over to have a quick look. It turned out that the trigger line for the BPV had slipped out of place and ended up resting on the EM. It had baked to a nice crispy consistency and had torn wide open. So.. My BPV was questionable above atmospheric and I had a vac leak from the trigger line. I jammed a screwdriver in the vac line, adjusted my CO settings again, and carried on my way.

For the time being I have just capped the trigger line and left the BPV untriggered until I have a good day to work on the intake plumbing.

I must say, then the fuel is right, there are no boost leaks, and the BPV is holding pressure propperly.... WOW!

Oh.. I also disconnected the ISV. Makes the cold starts a little harder but I suspect it has been causing problems as well.

That is all....
Old 11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too many abbreviations big fellah..... I can't keep up!!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many abbreviations big fellah.....

Hmm..

10VT
RS2
FFV
UI
IM
BPV
EM.
WOW!
ISV

Seems Andrew did use a few..!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default abbreviations removed

I am still refining the code for my Ten-Valve Turbo with the RS2 hybrid turbo force feeder. When things are running well... they are running VERY well. Of late I have been chasing problem after problem.

First the duty cycle of the Fuel Frequency Valve kept trying to richen up the mixture. Slowly creeping upwards. Usually this indicates a leak in the intake path. At first I found the large multi-nipple on the back of the intake manifold pop out under high boost. Acted like a fuel cut. Drove me nuts because when I let off the gas the vac would suck it back in again since the hoses kept it lined up.

Once that was glued back in I found one of the by-pass valve hoses also had a tear. Replaced that and all was well again... for a little while.

The fuel and boost issues started coming back. Very perplexing. Then the other day on the way to take my kids to school I found the Fuel Frequency Valve was trying to run past 04% duty cycle! Not good. The car was stumbling badly and I needed to keep the revs up. I pulled over to have a quick look. It turned out that the trigger line for the by-pass valve had slipped out of place and ended up resting on the exhaust manifold. It had baked to a nice crispy consistency and had torn wide open. So.. My by-pass valve was questionable above atmospheric and I had a vac leak from the trigger line. I jammed a screwdriver in the vac line, adjusted my Carbon monoxide settings again, and carried on my way.

For the time being I have just capped the trigger line and left the By-pass Valve untriggered until I have a good day to work on the intake plumbing.

I must say, then the fuel is right, there are no boost leaks, and the by-pass valve is holding pressure propperly.... WOW!

Oh.. I also disconnected the idle stabilizer valve. Makes the cold starts a little harder but I suspect it has been causing problems as well.

Today looks like a good day to get at things.. but my dog just managed to tear loose a chunk of my house! That needs correcting first. Man is she strong! I need to rope her to a tree.