Ugh, dealership rant (showroom)..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ugh, dealership rant (showroom)..

Yes, this is somewhat offtopic, but its at the Audi dealer.
I was driving around last night and thought Id see if the dealer had any B6 S4's yet, and to my suprise, they had a nice silver one. I went back today to see if I could simply nap a brochure for it. I walk in the showroom, and for the first time, nobody came up to me, or really aknowledged I was there. I poked around the cars there and saw a few people get handed S4 brochures, so I knew they were around. I saw a couple take the S4 that in was in the lot, for a spin around the dealer lot. I then proceed to ask one of the "friendly" salesman for a brochure. His response "We are out of them". At that point, even though its a silly brochure, I was mad. I almost walked to my car and nabbed one of my Audi Car Club business cards and shoved it in his face, but thought that would be kinda rude. Im just gonna go to the service dept, and get one from the service advisor Im friends with, then walk over there to the idiot who wouldnt give me one, and introduce myself, and hand him my business card, then promptly leave.
I never get like this, but I was irritated that he would refuse to give me a lame brochure. If I was really mean, I would have asked him about the more "historic" Audi models.
Again, sorry for the rant, but, some of you know me, and this stuff ticks me off...

Mike
Old 12-13-2003, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your reaction is completely understandable...

The same thing actually happened to me at my local Audi place. The sales people wouldn't even give me the time of day. I don't know if you are young or older (I think I remember CGTBrad posting a picture...and you're younger??) but I'm 25 but look about 18. I always figure that's why they wouldn't deal with me because they figure there's no potential sale. But then when my older brother (who knew a sales guy) came with me to look at the S4, I got 100% attention. And like you, the first time when I was ignored, I wanted to whip out my Audi Car Club card and do just the same. And luckily my sales guy used to have 3 4000's so he appreciated my car.

--morgan
Old 12-13-2003, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Salesmen are just a bunch of bamboozling sheisters,who don't give a crap unless you're buying a car!
Old 12-13-2003, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thats funny.. when i go to the audi dealer...

they love me! maybe its bc my grandfather is on something like his 8th audi from the same place, but who knows. they let him take a totally needless S8 test drive AFTER his new A8L was already delivered. they love him.. anyway he bought my 4ks from there so we always have something to talk about. actually, i love car dealerships, ive found that if you walk in with the right attitude (a polo shirt helps), they swoon all over you!
Old 12-13-2003, 03:45 PM

Default Ditto in Milwaukee as well

Went in looking for the parts dept. It was a newer showroom, and walked around for 15 min looking for a door until some bitch told me it was in a different building a half block down the road...real snotty like. I wish I could sign their paychecks once...I wouldn't.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, I get easily pissed about stuff like that

Oh well, water under the bridge. No need to punch the salesman in the face, although it would be alot of fun.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Easy there booby!!! My g/f sells Audis at the larget dealership in the world.

Although I don't think she would be as rude as Audisport4000s guy, she sure doesn't want to waste time with "tire kickers"!! And belive me, well trained and experienced sales people can pick out the buyers from the lookers. They gotta make a living too.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah, its just about common courtesy

I didnt ask to drive the car, or even open its doors. I simply wanted a nice, color, readable pamphlet of the new S4. Since im an enthusiast, and am part of the ACCNA, I didnt think that was alot to ask for
But, I am gonna go back when I have time and introduce myself, and give that sucker my card. Im the kind of kid that never talked back or stood up for myself when I was younger, and still get poked at nowadays, somethings gotta give.
But, like I said, this is definately not even a deal at all, just a silly rant.
Thanks all for listening

Mike
Old 12-13-2003, 10:43 PM

Default I would have to agree. Usually the salesguys know jack shi|t about the cars or really care.

For example, I was at the BMW dealer here in town checking out some of the new stuff. The salesguy was friendly, but when I asked him what he drove he replied a honda accord. Now im thinking to myself "why the hell honda? You could be in one of these for the deal you can get yourself" On top of things he asked the dumb question "so you drive a 1985 A4?" Hehe..
Old 12-14-2003, 04:51 AM

Default Something you may not know

Brochures aren't free.
The dealer has to buy them from Audi, they are not supplied free.
Still silly not to give one out, I know, but it adds to the reasons you may not have been given one. FYI.

Quick Reply: Ugh, dealership rant (showroom)..