91 200 Radio antenna? Where is it? My radio is not recieving well and I know it is an antenna issue/

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 200 Radio antenna? Where is it? My radio is not recieving well and I know it is an antenna issue/

Rear right is a cell phone type antenna mounted on the fender near the trunk, front window has an antenna on glass but I am not getting good reception. any ideas? dealer plugged in the jack at the back. This is a replacement radio from Audi. Is there another port somewhere?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The FM is in windshield front and back. AM is in back window

It has an amp in the drivers side 'C' pillar near the top.

If AM is the problem, grab the top of the inner trim and pull. You will then see the amp. With the radio on, touch the red plug (power) and I bet your reception gets better.

I have been doing that every week or so for one year. Every time it is moved and connection improved it will be fine for a few days and then go bad again.

I have checked the connections to it and sprayed CRC and DeOxit on it but it always returns.

I have also pulled the radio and checked connections. The largest plug sometimes gets loose.

I think that I have a bad gound somewhere but haven't been motivated enough to spend the time to track it down.

Not sure what to suggest if your problem is FM.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:07 AM

Default go here for more info.

If this is a replacement radio identical to the original, then the dealer should have plugged in both antenna leads.
If it's a different type of radio, they may be plugged in the the wrong lead. You must use the rear window antenna for FM/AM. The front window antenna is only for weak FM as part of the radio's dual diversity tuner.

You may need to disable javascript in order to view the page....stupid fortunecity.com!<ul><li><a href="http://members.fortunecity.com/willng/Delta_Radio/index.htm">http://members.fortunecity.com/willng/Delta_Radio/index.htm</a</li></ul>