After all of those months and spent money (ALOT)-still misfire.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possibly the Power Output Stage at the Coil connection ?? Or else an ignition relay thats going intermittent once it gets hot.
Hells Bells....not much else left to check !
Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know... i think i have no chance to buy 4.2 ecu, and see what happens
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

does this happen at all rpm's? ,or above a certain rpm?, also what are, if any, codes that you have recieved from existing ecu?,Im also curious as to when this started for example ,after you washed car/engine ,loaned car to special gal,maybe you started the car and the ignition switch hung up for a couple seconds because its tired and doesnt return properly.If any of those teeth on that ring gear get their peaks knocked down to far for the sensor to pick up its signal reference, the car can exhibit symptoms of good idle ,then lords prayer evoking engine shaking above 1500 rpm....you could always part it out and buy a 05 golf plus w/bkd and tune the **** out of it...your in a much better position than us in the USA to take a break from V8 fun!!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

jep, all rpm.s, no codes, that fault was when i bought the car, i lready have changed ignition switch..

The thing is.. i just love that car and i want to get it to work..

im still confused about that climate stuff

i have climate pipes and radiator removed and AC compressor wires disconnected.

ut when i put it to warm to cold, i hear engine rpm's fall and t climte diplay it shows 620/640 rpms..
and if i put it to high it goes to 720/40 rpms..

at the back of intake manifold, i dissconnect vaccum connector for climte stuff and plug the manifold end, and it does the same thing..
Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

and 1 question more.. how can my front indicators light up while i drive ?

like USA style, when they dont blink they just light up, and if i turn it blinks ..
Old 05-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tenno, you lost me on the climate pipes and turn signals,you earlier stated your engine appears as if its running on 7 cylinders and the Germans call the car a V8 ,so lets forget about the blinkers for a second and just consider a look at the ring gear thru the starter cavity, what are we talking , 2 bolts and a nut here ,"please disconnect the battery first". OK ,now we got dealers in th US who could'nt plug in a car to Michigan to marry a cluster,ecu and key if their life depended on it,I dont think this can NOT happen any where else ,if fact Id count on it every where ,I'd really like to help you ,since I have been in this position before ,I know this can be a real mother with out a lift!!....time to roll out that 1000 page manual you downed ,get some Jacobs coffee brewing, maybe listen to the lyrics from "all you need Is love" for a little inspiration,...I really hope you can find something else for cause of mis-fire,I will happly eat crow ,as the ring gear cost about 300US new about 7-10 years ago and about a 12 hour round trip with tranny R and R for a weekend warrior....peace and love, peace and love!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

and now, after that afful night, ring gear have been inspected, seems as good as it was before .. :/
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

1 question about trans ..

before i had this vehicle, another user swaped trans 4.2 to 3.6

he did not change the trans ecu, can that effect transmission working order ?
Old 05-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations on the perfect ring gear. Many moons ago when I first started dating my audi,she popped the ring question ,she was down right un-drivable until I gave her a new one ,and all has been wedded bliss since.....now as to your trans Q:,trans code ATU covers 3.6-4.2 ,where is your manual?!!,come on! Index refers to 00-30 ,better make pot of Jacobs, Tenno.,,,Is the trans banging gears ,sliping ,read-out on dash not displaying right gear selection?....remember you earlier stated that you had the car apart .....check the plug to trans ,make dirty to clean and all adjustments if needed....did you have the trans out ealier? and did you re-clip the cable to top of trans for safety belt tensioning...that one is right up there on the Audi f-it list after you've gone 15 round with her!....peace and love! Ding
Old 05-12-2010, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

plug to at have beem checked and cleaned, did that when i inspected ring gear.

Quick Reply: After all of those months and spent money (ALOT)-still misfire.