Alcantra Sports vs Cloth

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcantra Sports vs Cloth

picked a set of nice Alcantra Sport seats... to swap or not to swap. I think once it warms up the sport seats are going in.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Swap!!! I love sport seats...
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Swap, no brainer!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Swap!!! I love sport seats...

I agree...they seem pretty much identical to the seats that were in my 02 A6 v8 wthat had sports.... except these have the nice alcantra i nserts. quite nice shape these seats are. figure i'll keep my old ones for motor parts etc thanks for the nudge in the swap'm direction. just the bad influence i was looking for.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remeber you need to make an adaptor harness of some description...

the '88 seats differ from the 1991 models w.r.t. the connectors
Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default You know

a reality check just isn't so much fun on a nice day like today
Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I actually prefer the '87 100

cloth seats, than the blue crush on the 200 auto and even better than the leather on the Exclusive.

I was actually gonna ask can I put the 87 cloth manual seats into the 89 200 auto (electric seats) !!!!!

still got four fronts (two r currently outside rec chairs ) all that grey/brown cloth, extremely comfortable ...........
and saved a rear combo too , but the door panels would have to rigged for the 89 handle.

darn, should have just kept that old 100 .................................................. ........
Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Rear Seat is done

some notes:

seat bottom: two phillips screws (no2?) and then seat pops out. i unhooked the battery at this point anyway as have to remove ground wires from seatback.

looks like heat seat wires underneath on the rear seatback. only yhooked up at ground on my car so i hooked the new grounds up anyway.

the headrests held in by two posts. each post base has a small clip/tab you push a thin screwdriver against to release the lock mechanism. do for each post and pop them out.

the post holders come out as well. first you have to push the tabs form the trunk. (you will see two tabs, one each side... other two tabs were under carpet on mine so i cut the carpet) push in and up on tabs then remove from inside car.

two tabs for seatback that hold bottom inside the car. used pliers to bend tabs then was able to now lift the seatback up and it popped off nicely.

install was reverse. the postholders from my original seats will probably get thrown in there at some point..although only gripe about the ones i have now is that the posts no longer lock in place. not a big deal.

so the back seat was pretty easy and it looks fantastic. the door skins match well enough for me that i will probably not swap them out. (i've changed my mind before)

next up: changing out the power front seats. Plan of action
1) clip connectors from current power seats
2) clip connectors from 5k car
3) connect connectors to make connection (had to say that)
4) easy hook up.
Going to hopefully strip more stuff off the 5k tomorrow including these connectors and then need a good day to make the swap. would be very kewl to have a set of the 200 connectors already. that would let me get the harness correct. I"m going to post separate regarding 5k wiring diagram.

cheers
Old 03-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I spent today doing the very same thing and now I'm stuck.

A friend and I are putting a newer interior into a 1985 5000s.

The new(ish) seats were sourced from a 1990-91 Audi V8.

The rear seat went in without any problems. However, the front seats have been a challenge. They do not have mounting brackets that work with the seat rails so we've been unable to slide the new passenger seat into the rails. It seems that the right rail and right bracket fit fine but that a different bracket was used for the left rail, the one that is attached to the transmission tunnel; I'm guessing this is because the V8 was a quattro and so needed a higher tunnel to accommodate the drive shaft while the 5000s is just front-wheel drive.

As things stand, we have the new passenger seat in the car. We connected the electrical plug without any issues and cycled through the seat motor functions; they all worked great. The old motors in the 5000s appeared to be in their final hour.

Does anyone have any experience installing seats from a newer Audi with type 44 routes into a 5000s? It appears that the seat rails are welded to the car. Can someone confirm this? Is the only solution simply to swap the cushions from the new seat onto the frame of the old one?

Thanks for your help.

- Zane
Old 03-08-2009, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I spent today doing the very same thing and now I'm stuck.

we went with 5k seats in my 200 today. fronts went in... takes a little work but they went in...so my 200's must fit the 5k...

Quick Reply: Alcantra Sports vs Cloth