disputing a speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disputing a speeding ticket?

so i got a 365$ reckless driving ticket on the coquihalla highway in B.C., wher im from.and three demerit points. they got me on radar doing 163kmh in a 110kmh zone, i got lucky cause i slammed the brakes as soon as i saw the trap, but not soon enough lol. anybody know whether its worth even disputing, like if i go to court will the judge be more lenient or anything like that?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 1986/5000
so i got a 365$ reckless driving ticket on the coquihalla highway in B.C., wher im from.and three demerit points. they got me on radar doing 163kmh in a 110kmh zone, i got lucky cause i slammed the brakes as soon as i saw the trap, but not soon enough lol. anybody know whether its worth even disputing, like if i go to court will the judge be more lenient or anything like that?
You sound (and write) like a douche, so hopefully not.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hire a traffic lawyer, Should help, Ive never had to go that route but from what ive heard it helps. GL
Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Always fight your tickets, you have a 50-50 chance the cop doesn't show. If he doesn't show...you win!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default From where I'm from

That's an instant loss of licence? And possible car impoundment?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

ask yourself this is it better to take it up the tailpipe and just take punishment? or is it better to try and fight it with the chance of getting off and worst case scenerio you have to take the punishment anyways?

btw twisted 5000 though he may have made a bad choice and you maybe an english major im pretty sure theres no flaming allowed on here. and if it made you that mad why would you feel the need to respond?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

So how fast were you going before you hit the brakes...195 kmh ??
Not bad....
Old 04-12-2009, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Try this...

What to do if you get a Ticket…

This system has been tried and it works in every province.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you are going to get
points on your license.
This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it.
If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine.
The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the trick.

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!

Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete.

If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete.
The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an unmentioned computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every province.

Send this to everyone you know, you never know when they may need a break.
I talked to an ICBC investigator, and he said its true......what a screwed up system, eh?

Good Luck,
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

do you have any proof you could post to back this claim up please? im not trying to argue or be rude id just like to be sure. im not saying its impossible but it does seem kind of unlikely. Please let me know!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nope, I don't, but hey what have you got to lose...a couple bucks...it was passed on to me in an eMail. I am only suggesting you do this if you end up having to pay the fine...like I said what have you got to lose...a couple of bucks.

Later, ask for an abstract of your driving record and see if the points are there...if not, you win and it cost you nothing.

Let me put it this way, it seems to fit that this occurence would be a possibility, considering the way government agencies communicate with each other.

Quick Reply: disputing a speeding ticket?