does anyone have a pic of the flywheel pin? (also shift linkage question)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sensor test..

It will "wiggle" ( a cheap meter)also when the Pin passes by. I tried it a few days ago when all this came up just to be sure.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have a digital meter, and tried it that way. I didn't see any fluctuation on mine.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: does anyone have a pic of the flywheel pin? (also shift linkage question)

andrew.... i dont have a picture of the pin but i do have the pin somewhere i dont think it ever ended up in all the parts i gave u.. i will look around and send it your way when i find it... it is a special order part from the dealership.. costs 67 cents.... it is nothing specail.. probably a 3/4" steel little pin... i hope all goes well... -Jodan
Old 11-29-2003, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: does anyone have a pic of the flywheel pin? (also shift linkage question)

the pin couldnt have broken off or fallen off unless the flywheel is "surfaced" or taken of.. but when i dropped the tranny and front end etc to change the TO bearing i left the flywheel and clutch on.. so i'm not sure how this would have happened if it did break off.. from the mechanics i have talked to they said that it co8uldnt have broken off if i never remived the flywheel...
Old 11-29-2003, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Update!

Well today I took off the starter, turned the engine by hand(and a big socket), pin is there, and pretty obvious. (I will post pictures just to varify) Soo It's not that. /:
Starter is back in and now It's back to the drawing boards. I tried taking the sensors off the parts wagon, but the hex bolts were stripped on it soo I gave up on it(although Jodan said he tried different sensors 2 times)
Actually now we decided that on Monday we're taking it to my dads good friends Audi/VW shop about 3 miles from our shop (he said he would love to take a look). Hopefully he will be able to figure it out, since they work on many many type 44s. We'll see what happens, and I'll let you all know on the progress.
Thanks again for all the help
Old 11-29-2003, 12:00 PM

A cheap analoge Needle meter on rx1 ohms. Because Its a 'Mag" pulse a DDM is too slow to respond.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Update!

see i figurred it wasnt the pin cuz the flywheel has never been removed before..... i hope all goes well... like i said keep us updated and ask me for any help
Old 11-29-2003, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yea like i was saying i'm not sure what happened to the linkage when we did all that work.. my mechanic messed it up and said he didnt... we put it all back in and one day he worked on it while I was at school and after he was like.. Jodan whatd u do to your linkage? and it was all messed... he said somehting prolly got hung up or tweaked when it was coming apart or back together... i apologize for that- i know thats a bitch cuz if u get it started its still kinda no good... u seriously can't get it into more than 3rd though? i coudl get all of them it just took a little force sometimes and u gotta like move the shifter around then try again sometimes... oh well keep me updated man... Project 200 continues! good luck andrew!
Old 11-29-2003, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

good man.. i wish u luck.... i put in the sensors from a buddies 87 5ktqw and my 88 5ktqw and the sensors from the 200 were obviously tried... i never tried taking them outta the red 5000 becuase they were stripped.. so that wasnt my work... i wish u luck again and again... keep me posted
Old 11-29-2003, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

You still haven't said anything about the distributor and its hall sensor, or the coil (again). Those would be my two suspects.

Quick Reply: does anyone have a pic of the flywheel pin? (also shift linkage question)