Fan relay cliking like crazy

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan relay cliking like crazy

guys have a problem with my cooling fan relay that lingers (ticks), if I touch my turn he taps moment and then it starts again and my cooling fan to blow hard and when my air outlet tap and he remains running the cooling fan on the lowest setting!'ve put a new relay and keep doing! anyone have experience with it?

greets simon
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the impression that the relay is ticking only when the air conditioning off and the cooling fan blows at position 1, so the lowest position.
as the air rises and then it switches the cooling fan to second position, the tap on, only int start of booting just tap it on the 1 st position but when the second position comes up that goes on! someone an idea?
greets simon
Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

nothing found, measured by all sensors + series resistor is also OK + sensor on the hoofdradiater transferred satnd 3 works certainly and stand 1or 2 doubts in between. but if I be contacted immediately turn comes the 1st or 2nd position and aircon is off, I put aircon changed niets.soms goes out while driving and then sometimes comes back! really do not know where yet look, now have the ac / haeter valve ordered to see if this is something to do! that is the only sensor in the engine part that has not yet been replaced! when I and the two wires of the after-run switch jumps to the fan is working and the hurricane position also turns, all I do not know why it is that my car blows when the ignition just get up!?

anyone have an idea because I'm stuck
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

if the air conditioning off, he may not blow! and relay No. 3 was replaced and remains tikking.als I started the car earlier came directly to the fan, I could live with but now remains relay tap and do not know why, all sensors examined, except the ac hatred valve ! !
Old 01-20-2013, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

relay No. 3 in the engine compartment
Old 01-20-2013, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

what he does now ist following, contact on the first position comes into effect when there is no air conditioning air rises so off.dan if I set the aircon then the 2nd speed along, normally only at 95 degrees to begin!

someone an idea?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi 200
guys have a problem with my cooling fan relay that lingers (ticks), if I touch my turn he taps moment and then it starts again and my cooling fan to blow hard and when my air outlet tap and he remains running the cooling fan on the lowest setting!'ve put a new relay and keep doing! anyone have experience with it?

greets simon
anyone?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

do not know where to start, if I unplug the connecter by the radiater and i connect between the poles start position 2 and3, if I connect through afterrunkabels,first stand is comming up. so these circles are okay. but now he blows only when the temp. above 105 degrees true at the hardest position (3) to what things can I still mechanical tests, the ballast resistor suspect, but it works when I plug above have transferred, what can I do now?

greetz simon
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

might be the thermo-switch? i JUST had an issue where the fan would only stay on for literally a second, then try and cycle on and off, like every second or two.

replaced the thermo-swtich and all's good so far. given, the car is not my daily driver so haven't really tested it, but the symptom has not returned. knock on wood.

this is the part:
191959481C Radiator/Auxiliary Fan Switch; 95/102 Degree C Threaded Mount with 3 Prong Connector

it is A BITCH to replace though. i can't fix ****, but luckily i surround myself with audi friends ;-)

my buddy Dave only tried for a bit to do it by disconnecting the lower radiator hose (be prepared to have a bucket for the coolant). but after a bit, he was like screw it - and took the radiator out. which was the right decision being the old aux switch was on there really, really tight. he had to heat the old switch to get it loose.

pretty annoying being when i bought the car, the previous owner had a shop replace the radiator (copper core nissen). BUT they put the fricken $13 20 year old sensor back in! MORONS!

see ya,
Robby
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by centaurus3200
might be the thermo-switch? i JUST had an issue where the fan would only stay on for literally a second, then try and cycle on and off, like every second or two.

replaced the thermo-swtich and all's good so far. given, the car is not my daily driver so haven't really tested it, but the symptom has not returned. knock on wood.

this is the part:
191959481C Radiator/Auxiliary Fan Switch; 95/102 Degree C Threaded Mount with 3 Prong Connector

it is A BITCH to replace though. i can't fix ****, but luckily i surround myself with audi friends ;-)

my buddy Dave only tried for a bit to do it by disconnecting the lower radiator hose (be prepared to have a bucket for the coolant). but after a bit, he was like screw it - and took the radiator out. which was the right decision being the old aux switch was on there really, really tight. he had to heat the old switch to get it loose.

pretty annoying being when i bought the car, the previous owner had a shop replace the radiator (copper core nissen). BUT they put the fricken $13 20 year old sensor back in! MORONS!

see ya,
Robby
thanx robby

Quick Reply: Fan relay cliking like crazy