FS: '86 5000 CS (turbo quattro) in Brooklyn, NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: '86 5000 CS (turbo quattro) in Brooklyn, NY

Work has dried up this month, so I sadly need to sell my 5ktq.

I have tons of spares that are also for sale.

The car has 221k on the clock, runs very well, does not consume oil and is an overall solid car. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car a long distance.

Since purchasing the car this past february I've ...
  • flushed the cooling system with g12++ (everything came out super clean from the flush).
  • Replaced the thermostat and fan switch with low temp (80 degree) units.
  • replaced the radiator, and upgraded the fan to a quiet s-blade unit with seven blades.
  • As of this week the suspension has been overhauled, and all reused parts were cleaned and painted (including the spring hats that you can't even see).
  • The car sits on bilstein sports and H&R springs that provide a 1.4" drop from what you see in the photo below.
  • New control arms.
  • sway bar bushings
  • strut bearings
  • front and rear upper bushings, dust boots, etc....
  • the car sits on 16x8 A8 monoblock wheels with new Kumho's that though "modern" still look like they could be period correct.
  • Ben Swann Software w/ a 2.1 bar wastegate spring.
  • the K26 is in perfect condition and feeds into to a two piece downpipe.
  • the diverter valve feeds a samco hose to keep things in check when you let off the accelerator.
  • very clean boost and air/fuel gauges installed in center vents, center vent modified and still works!
  • The car has a new alternator and battery as well.
  • i also replaced the wiper blades.

On the highway I get 31.5mpg all day long.

additional work which will all be addressed before the car changes hands:
  • the car came with a lifter tick due to stuck cam followers/lifters, rebuilt lifters will be going in.
  • the second gear syncro is bad, so i have another transmission that will get swapped in to fix the problem (then, this trans, will be rebuilt with new syncros and available for sale)
  • i have a vacuum leak in the heater control that prevents the vents from blowing hot air, this will be fixed. the previous owner replaced the heater core, and i think the unhooked vacuum line was just a byproduct of that job.
  • the previous owner pulled the headliner fabric (i assume it was sagging), so i will pull and re-trim the headliner and (perfectly working) sunroof.
  • the front passenger door window switch will be replaced.
  • the trunk came with a dent, so it will be replaced with another trunk lid that is already the correct color
  • the previous owner stated the rear defogger wasn't working when i got the car, i haven't had an opportunity to test this, but will look into it.

work that i can do, but won't unless mess with unless you want me to.
  • fix a dent above the rear bumper below the drunk from when the previous owner got tapped in a parking lot
  • fix another small dent along the bodyline just below the rear right wheel opening from the same tapping
  • repaint the car

photos detailing all of the cars flaws will be provided up on request.

the car will be thoroughly detailed inside, outside, and underhood before delivery. you'll be able to eat off of it.

currently there is a properly and well installed Zex nitrous setup on the car, big bottle, very full. I can include this kit with the car, or uninstall it, depending on what the buyer wants to do.

i'm currently taking offers, but need to sell the car asap.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i'm currently taking offers between $4000-8500 depending on how you'd like the car delivered, but I do need to sell the car asap.
Without the wheels, I will let the car go for less than $4k.
I have two sets of stock wheels with good tires, a set of Fuchs with good tires and a set of ARE wheels with practically new winter tires.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great looking car, exact same paint color/interior as my previous one. Really looks nice! I wish you the best finding a buyer.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pureroundcircle
Great looking car, exact same paint color/interior as my previous one. Really looks nice! I wish you the best finding a buyer.
thanks a bunch! the longer i'm stuck with this car, the more the price is going to have to go up.

i don't want to sell it at all, but i need to make rent on my space by july 1st, so i need it sold asap!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

here's a photo of what it looks like now with it's completely refreshed suspension (well... i snapped the photo before washing it and putting the center caps back on the wheels)