I need a part number for a radiator hose...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a part number for a radiator hose...

Sigh... if it isnt one thing, its another. So the upper hose neck on my radiator broke off one night. There was enough neck left, however, to put the hose back on, clamp it down and continue on. I left it that way for a good while with no further problems. Then the neck that the res return hose connects to (the small pressure hose for res overfolow) broke off at the base... so Time to put in a new radiator.

Oddly enough, I got a new one from Autozone and just finished putting it in (which was a royal PITA, but not quite as bad as changing the air filter, for some reason) and lo and behold, the upper radiator hose has a split in it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long.

SO, now I need a new hose. This is the upper radiator hose that connects the motor to the radiator, AND it has a third piece coming off about halfway down its length that connects it to something else (not sure what that is). THe Bently book doesnt show this hose or what it connects to...

The car is an 87 5000CS TQ. Right now, I am trying to get away with some high temp gasket maker covering the split and then some duct tape to hold it tight once that dries... but I really need a new hose... so anyone have a part number for this buggar, and where to find it??

Thanks
Jeff
Old 02-25-2006, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I need a part number for a radiator hose...

447-121-101H
The small hose connects to Aux. water pump

GL
Old 02-25-2006, 11:13 AM

NOt sure because they didn't show a station wagon but try this link:
https://www.autohausaz.com/search/productx.aspx?sid=fhr1gx45q2d4rp45hyr4i3u4&mak eid=800002@Audi&modelid=1366949@5000%20CS%20TU RBO&year=1987&cid=16@Cooling%20System& gid=2057@Radiator%20Hose
Old 02-25-2006, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default RADIATOR HOSE

I got one from FLAPS it was a Dayco hose I dont have the ## off hand but DAYCO has a listing LOTS LESS$$$ than the dealer S
Old 02-25-2006, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the quick help guys... I found what I was looking for, and it was a LOT cheaper (At Autohauz) than I was expecting.

I have a couple more stupid questions though... First of all, since my existing hose does have that split in it, it is going to be replaced. Now, Since I went and put a new radiator in, and am gonna be putting a new upper hose in, I figured now would be as good a time as any for a really good coolant system flush and fill...

So first of all, any reccomendations on what to use as far as cleaning out the system and flushing it? As for the refil, I assume that any good ethylene glycol coolant is good... what about the 50/50 premix stuff?

Second stupid question.... It just dawned on me as I was pouring water in to the reservoir, that this is a completely sealed system... how the heck do I bleed the air out of it and fill the cooling system up? I really am smacking myself for not being able to figure this one out... but uhhh... how do ya do that?

Cheers
Jeff