Need some stuff for mods...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some stuff for mods...

Anyone know what EEPROM number is in the 87 5000CS Quattro? What are the different chip mods i can do, what will they give me and does anyone have the coding they can send me for it?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

the person you want to talk to is ben swann.... i have no idea what the eeprom # is, but ben swann makes an awesome chip for the mac-11 ecu.

The basic qlcc code raises the overboost cutout and boost map, and I think it does something fueling wise too

ben has a "super" chip, which allows for more boost, and changed the timing maps too.

if you search this forum for a post by boxerfan, i'm pretty sure he posted the basic qlcc code here somewhere in the past
Old 12-23-2009, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default chips

i didn't see much different between modified QLCC code and Ben's chip... never run the std QLCC code though. you can get a chip burner and eproms (search will reveal.. or boxerfan will chime in) if you like... but for what you will ever do with this car ...well..just get it chipped and be done with hit. Modifying CIS code is fairly limited to what you can do... so grab a spring and a chip and be done with it. Ben has good price / kit and instruction... I bought a chipped ecu,spring, bypass valve kit etc...he gives nice detailed instructions to get you set up... but really it isn't hard to put a new spring in the wastegate for boost or to swap out an ecu. Removing a chip and putting a new one in? not so fun. boxerfan soldered a chip socket so i wouldn't have to do resoldering in future. ...but i figure to go EFI. If i was starting all over i would NOT get a chip unless it was very cheap...i'd put my cash in fund to get a Megasquirt and fueling gear to go EFI. much higher hp gains to be had wtih stock config and EFI let alone if you want to go bigger turbo etc. (should expect to 300hp with efi)
Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a guy with an EEPROM burner that does stuff like this as a hobby. Twin turbo Mustang and his son's AWD Talon. He's got all kinds of programs for it too. And we can do the EEPROM swap. That's not an issue because we both can solder (I'll probably put in a socket too). I was just looking for which EEPROM to get and if I could get the data for it. I'm on a really tight budget. I figure approx $35 to put in a recirculator valve and chip it. And then whatever it takes for the wastegate spring.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

i highly recommend using a socket as well, makes everything a lot easier in the long run. Like I said do a search of this forum for the basic qlcc code, although you might want to increase your budget a bit. I'm assuming you still have the stock intercooler? if you can come up with one from a 200, it'd work out better because 1, it's single pass. 2, theres a spot where you can plumb in a bpv on it. 3, the stock intercooler endcaps have been known to get blown off
Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default really?

so nobody's gonna help me with this? someone has to have the info...
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

it's on the welb. look for QLCC ...look on Quattroworld as there are users there who know this stuff inside out.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gtn116
so nobody's gonna help me with this? someone has to have the info...

Check out this site very helpful...http://www.kanyethis.com/?s=https://...ttroworld.com/