no start no fuel getting to the injectors long post.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start no fuel getting to the injectors long post.

Howdy guys. I have a no start on my 1985 5000 turbo and am hoping you may be able to give me some guidance.

I am currently getting no fuel to the fuel injectors at all, the car wants to fire up but it idles brarley. I think it's only running on the cold start injector. it seems like some of the lines to the injectors are barley gettting any fuel at all, and none of them are getting enough to open the injectors at all.

The fuel line to any of the cylinders without the injector connected just straight flow there isnt any fuel coming out of the line at all, even with no injector connected!

Any ideas guys?

Cheers, michael.

PS, I have no way to test fuel pressure, i have tryed putting the main fuel feed line i disconnected before the filter and cranked the starter and it filled up a jar pretty quick, though i know thats no good if it isnt making any pressure. I've also just started hearing the fuel pump buzz again, and buzz for a second or two after i release the key or turn it to the off position.

Could the fuel pump relay cause anything like this or no?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

fuel pump buzz=its going. definitely replace filter
Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Without CIS fuel pressure testing equipment, you are dead in the water...

Without knowing your control or operating pressures, I would guess that your fuel distributor is fubar.

Try taking out the air filter and reaching underneath the fuel dist/air plate. Remove the injectors from the head and insert them into a glass container that you can see into. Turn the ignition 'on', and move the air plate with your hand. If fuel does not come out of the injectors, then the fuel distributor is likely shot.

HTH,
Jim
Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: no start no fuel getting to the injectors long post.

Thanks for responding guys appreciate it. Got it going the fuel distributer plunger was sized up with old gas varnished up, i took it out and cleaned everything up and it's working good.

Now I need to figure out how to adjust the flat leaf spring clip under the flow plate, and also how much to tighten the brass nut on the plunger under the fuel head part.

Dose it actually pull the plunger housing down toward the ground (looking at it installed from the top where the fuel lines connnect)as you tighten this brass nut? I think I got it pretty close to how it was but not sure if and by how much it would affect anything.

Cheers,

Michael.