Okay, so I'm replacing the Bose CD player in my Audi

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay, so I'm replacing the Bose CD player in my Audi

I've already hacked up some of the wiring, but there's 2 harnesses that essentially end up going to a large red, yellow and black wire. I have the factory CD changer, I'd almost lay money that those wires are the supply to the changer head. Can anyone verify this for me? BTW, I checked and none of them are hot with the ignition on or off, so that's not the case. The reason I think this will work is because the factory changer is FM modulated, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Also, how can I get it to work with my Alpine unit? I snipped both the power and the ground and got those connected and the radio works. I also added two infiniti speakers to the dash and ran separate wires to them, and used the existing bose speakers in the rear by disconnecting the amps and running my own wires to them.

Once I get the factory changer wired up, I'll be in pretty good shape. Any help for wiring would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-19-2003, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Okay, so I'm replacing the Bose CD player in my Audi

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you looking at wires in the trunk or the dash?

What do you mean by supply to the changer head?

When I was rewiring for new speakers I found that the red and yellow wires behind the radio ran to a "black box" that was installed (shoved in) above the grill and right air duct that is located behind the glove box. The grill houses the light for the passenger foot well and covers the underside of the dash. The box is the controller for the CD player. The red wire is power for the controller box and the yellow is a power on signal wire. These wires are power in, in other words meant to be connected to a power source. There are plastic fuse holders (the push & turn barrel type) at the controller box for these wires. The manual lists these wires as CONT and IGN. The controller box also has two DIN harnesses one that runs to the CD player and one that connects to the console remote control. It also has two antenna jacks that output the CD signal to the radio. If you are more specific as to wire location, I will look at mine and tell you what they connect to. Also, if you don't have available I can send you the related manual pages.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:11 AM

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll supply a power and use the accessory lead off my head unit for the switched signal wire. Of course, I'm guessing black is a ground for it.

Chris
Old 06-19-2003, 11:58 AM

Sent you a wiring diagram via email. Hope you get it! If not, reply and I'll try again.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:35 AM

Default Got the wiring diagrams.

Ron,
Thanks so much. It is very helpful!

Thanks,
Chris