One problem leads to another.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One problem leads to another.

OK, yesterday I had a car where the antenna didn't go up and down and I only got sound out of the front door speakers.

Today I have a car where the antenna doesn't go up and down, I only get sound out of the front door speakers AND the power locks don't work (sort of)

So what changed. Last night I was trying to figure out what that connector was supposed to go to and I got rather involved. I had the radio and climate control out of the dash, I had the area beneath the steering all taken out (had to disconnect the cruise control box), I had the glove box out and both of the side panels on the center console taken out.

I couldn't find my problem so I put it all back together. Today I noticed that my power locks don't work (well sort of). If I unlock the drivers door, only the drivers door unlocks. If I then manually unlock all the other doors and then lock the drivers door all the doors lock.

WTF???? Anyone know what I could have done? I wish I would have just lived with only being able to listen to tapes and only out of 4 speakers.

Thanks??
Old 03-23-2002, 08:06 AM

Default Re: One problem leads to another.

wow.

I can't say for sure.. but it really sounds like you might have disconnected the power lock wires.. I know. Pure genius. how could I have figured THAT out.. hehe

after you get your locks working again(which you will) my advice would be to just rewire the speakers with new lines. That's what I did. I started to mess with everything just like you and realized that I would be getting in over my head and bought about $5.00 worth of wire from radio shack.. removed wome interior trim and in an hour or so I had 6 speakers(not counting tweaters) and a woofer installed..

The original wiring is still there but I think that this is a viable bet.

just ramblin'
slant-5<ul><li><a href="http://www.slant-5.org/default.asp">Slant-5 Audi Forum</a></li></ul>
Old 03-24-2002, 04:46 PM

Default One problem leads to another.

Yeah I have given up on getting this stereo working so I am installing a stereo I had installed in my '80.

I will just run a new power on lead back to the antenna booster and everything should be solved right???? Somehow I think all of sudden my turn signals will stop working or something like that .