Start writting letters to Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manufacturers are losing money on leasing

The future of the car business is about to go through a major shift. Up to now leasing has been the major way of people getting into new cars. Leasing became the preferred way of driving shiny new cars and this has pretty much destroyed the used car market.

As manufacturers move away from leasing we'll see more and more folks buying used cars for the simple reason that they can't afford to buy a new one.

Buy that S8 now, it could start holding it's value if gas prices moderate... on the other hand, Audi has paid so little attention to the maintainability of their cars that they may lose the used car market anyway.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Default Thats why Forums like this are so damn important.

We have a network of people with access to different parts. That Pressure hose with the banjo fitting could be in one of our back yards/ allbeit maybe used, but still useable. I guess its what we have to do. Aftermarket for the easy, available stuff, Resources and resourcefulness for the other NLA items. If you need it, post it. We will find it.

(rah! rah! rah!)
Old 08-06-2008, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You need dealer only parts Tom get in touch with me. I can hook you up.

Even for that P-car of yours.

& hows the symtoms we were talking about last week with your car?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Audi wants you/us to buy new cars,

One of my points is....that increasing thier used value will return in higher new car sales.

If the current increases continues leasing will be the only option for the middle class, that being 2/3 yr old cars depreciate faster then can be paid off in 4 to 7 year loans.
And why do they depreciate so fast........cost of service and parts!
Im in retail i understand the basics of depreciation.
I also understand things that keep thier value, in return can be sold to "UPGRADE"...just look at Rolex....and how well thier products hold value,,and they have no problem selling thier new products.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default ^^^^so true.....but still missing the larger point.

im not focasing on our little bubble...im looking at the hole picture...the future of Audi lover to come up the line. they will most likely first start with a 10yr old car and move up from thier, but as things are now can you imagine they will have to plan on 2 to 3k a yr for upkeep.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks Ron = )............................>

took her out on a puddle run today...man she sounds mean (LOUD..hehehe) but she started to stumble and when i parked her she idled bad and then the RPM just stoped working..and then the oil warning started...gesh.
but i have all my parts but the 1/4 risitor for my code reader...going to RadioShack in the am.
dont understand the dead RPM sensor...seems odd. ill keeep yea in the loop.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default ^^^^^^ Finally....thats more to the topic im talking about.

diferant angle, but your on the same page.
Audi's new car sales may be good but thier used values need to rise if they want to improve, otherwise its just a bubble.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Problem is, it's not just Audis that are suffering massive depreciation.

BMW and Mercedes are having the same issues, save their diesel models.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: very true. but 513 dollars for presure hose with banjo fitting?

However, it's been sitting all these years, costing them the carrying charges. That's not only the initial investment in the part, there's also the cost of storage and accounting. Then there's competition from aftermarket suppliers. The car retailed at $50-60K, so a $500 part isn't unexpected. It's "unreasonable" but it's not unexpected.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: You need dealer only parts Tom get in touch with me. I can hook you up.

So, Ron, can you actually get a 016141719A clutch operating lever for a 1991 200q20v? I'm told they're NLA. Some suppliers list them, but when you contact them, they're out of stock.

Quick Reply: Start writting letters to Audi?