Still wont stay running

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still wont stay running

1986 Audi 5000s non turbo fwd auto 2.2 5 cyl

I put different injectors and orings and seals on as well as fuel lines new spark plugs new plug wires new fuel filter a different fuel distubter fuel accumlater new fuel reg ele and fuel regulator diaphran also pump getting fuel good presure good spray pattern from injoctors good spark also replaced all the vac lines I could find replaced cold start sensor also the rubber boot that goes from distribter to the throul body and it started for about one min then died like its running out of gas also got it started again this time while it was running I steped on the gas and it died instantanlty.

Helppppppppp Im going nuts and yes it has 1\2 tank of gas
One thing I need to know from the front of the motor starting with the first injector to the number five injector is there an order the injector lines go on the fuel distubter?
Sorry About the spelling
Old 03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Still wont stay running

There is no timing on a cis injection system all injectors spray at the same time
Here are a few checks you could try Check the O2 computer ground this is located on the intake manifold near the throttle body The connection is under the clamp that holds an air bypass hose, clean that connection Check also your Airflow sensor potentiometer This is located under the fuel distributor check for proper voltage going to the potentiometer and proper ohm reading of the potentiometer. Also check the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel distributor as well same way
If you don't have the Bentley Manual then try cleaning the connection on the potentiometer and fuel pressure regulator and pray that is runs
I almost forgot check your coolant temp sensor located in coolant extension pipe off the head between spark plugs one and two THE TOP SENSOR get a new one or find one TRY THIS FIRST.should be 2 pin white part#026-906-161 this is a sensor not the sender Try electical cleaner who knows you might just get lucky

GL
Old 03-29-2006, 01:59 AM

No I dont have a bently would love to have one but cant afford one as I need to put what I can into the car itself when it starts and runs then its sold or traded for a 2000 doge neon. this problem didnt start untill I had a new trany put in third gearr was out and secound was slipping was running like a new car untill then the mecanic that put the trany in ran it out of gas and it hasnt ran but one time since then untill today drained fuel tank unhooked fuel lines took off fuel filter cleaned fuel tank pulled pump out cleaned screen blew lines out I started it about 10:00pm cst usa with starting fluid so I took the air filter off and raised the plate up in the fuel distubter till I felt some presure started for about 30 sec the so I think the plate is sticking so I am going to put a diff fuel disturber on in the morning I made up my mind this car will run sometime tommorrow hope god smiles down on me and this Audi Thank you for your help
Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 AM

Here's hoping the Audi gods are smiling on you.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:20 AM

bad fuel pump?i had issue..sometimes runs great sometimes not...ant the fuel pump was dieing :/
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I always look to where work was done last....

Banging the tranny in and out the guy may have pinched a fuel line?

It does sound like you are out of gas. When a WUR raises control pressure too quickly the same sort of symptom will happen. The car starts and when it warms up it leans out and won't run. Could be the CO is out of whack except that you said it was running great until the tranny work.

Can you blink codes on your car?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:38 AM

Default Re: I always look to where work was done last....

WUR??? no its got gas. CO ???
Told I couldnt do codes on this model as ther is no fuse in the pump relay
Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you took the fuel distributor off the co will have to be checked To adjust it a 3mm allen screw between fuel distributor and air flow meter boot look for a small hole you will also need a multi meter
Good Luck
Old 03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think you're onto something with the air metering plate sticking.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:08 AM

OK found it now what the adjustment on it and I have a multi meter but what do i need it for will I need to check something as I adjust the the co?

Quick Reply: Still wont stay running