wheels bolts

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found bolts ! ~2$ for one.
I hope should not be a problem if existing ones thread is 27mm length, and new ones are 40mm, but I'm planning to use 10mm spacers.
So extra 3mm can cause a problem or not ??
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

.... and seems I have another issue :-(
Today I went to mount new tires and install new spacers. And there I've got
a surprise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_o6qlfccVo

Outer spacers diameter is about 73.84mm instead of 74.10 to fit properly into wheel hole; and from video is clear what play it makes,
just 1 and a bit of mm ! I didn't take a risk to install those on my car.
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Usually a few mm will stick through the other side with the oe bolts......so I think you will be fine.

And I read that link you posted about the wheel studs and I'm not scared. Lots of cars run wheel studs in everyday driving with out an issue.........i'll still run the studs cause I'm a wheel ***** :-)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

those spacers are for an Audi or????????
Old 06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by itsav8
And I read that link you posted about the wheel studs and I'm not scared. Lots of cars run wheel studs in everyday driving with out an issue.........I'll still run the studs cause I'm a wheel ***** :-)
Don't take too serious this link, wheel studs for me would be to difficult to learn all technology how to calculate what length I need, then to explain to fitter what I want and etc.
I know, e lot of Japanese cars are using wheel studs, and actually is much more easier to mount wheel on them.

those spacers are for an Audi or????????
They are custom made to meet Audi specs, which is 57.1 and my wheels specs, which is 74.1. But what I see there is just a f*** up with these spacers !
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So Gedis ur telling me with all the figuring/work u have done tgo make ur V8 what it is today from what it usta b u can't figure out something as trivial as wheel stud length........I find that hard to believe!

If u look here,
http://axismotorsport.com/p35/Wheel-...duct_info.html

that is were I got my wheel studs.
If u read the description the overall length of the studs are 65mm of which 50mm is useable. meaning.......

.....some of the 15mm's that is lost is being used by the hub, rotor and wheel. so if u got 75/80mm studs you would have plenty of threaded rod to use up to 25mm spacers.

But as I noted above, I use the 65mm ones of which 50mm is used and I fit 10mm spacers no problems

and from thge looks of that video looks like u have the spacers in backwards meaning....
....the lip is supposed to b on the outside/rim side......not inside facing the hub. Know what I mean?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

from the looks of that video looks like u have the spacers in backwards meaning....
....the lip is supposed to b on the outside/rim side......not inside facing the hub. Know what I mean?
No, I don't know what You mean .... :-) because:
the spacer with inner diameter 57.1 goes on wheel hub, which has outer diameter 57.1. Then wheel with inner (hole) diameter 74.1 goes on that spacer with (suppose to be) outer diameter 74.1.

What I did in the video: I didn't put spacer on wheel hub, and then rim on spacer - I just put spacer outer surface into the wheel hole from its inner side.

Why You say that lip is supposed to be on the outside/rim side ??
The rim goes on the wheel hub with its inner side, not over way around ! :-) Just between wheel hub and rim we have included spacer, which actually increases wheel hub diameter from 57.1 till 74.1.
This spacer probably would be better to call adapter ?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

So Gedis ur telling me with all the figuring/work u have done tgo make ur V8 what it is today from what it usta b u can't figure out something as trivial as wheel stud length........I find that hard to believe!

If u look here, http://axismotorsport.com/p35/Wheel-...duct_info.html

that is were I got my wheel studs.
If u read the description the overall length of the studs are 65mm of which 50mm is usable. meaning.......

.....some of the 15mm's that is lost is being used by the hub, rotor and wheel. so if u got 75/80mm studs you would have plenty of threaded rod to use up to 25mm spacers.

But as I noted above, I use the 65mm ones of which 50mm is used and I fit 10mm spacers no problems
ok, ok :-))) it is trivial, but I was "shocked" that something trivial as wheel bolts became not trivial at all !!

If I wouldn't find proper bolts, then I would go for wheel studs. Actually I was started looking for them ...
And by the way, do You have photos of the nuts on wheel studs ? would be interesting to see how they look on the rims .
Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you are rite Gedis..........
....I thought the spacer was on the wheel hub, My fault for not looking closer.

I would say have the guy who made the spacers make you a correct set. If u told him what dimensions you needed and they (spacers) are n ot to your specs,
then bring them back.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Usually a few mm will stick through the other side with the oe bolts......so I think you will be fine.
Yes, You were right ! There is much more then enough space, as You see I did try those bolts without wheel and they go through (and can go much more) without any problems.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: wheels bolts