wheels bolts

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsav8
you are rite Gedis..........
I would say have the guy who made the spacers make you a correct set. If u told him what dimensions you needed and they (spacers) are not to your specs,
then bring them back.
The guy who made spacers verified me that there shouldn't be any problems with this 1mm difference as he has made already more then 100 spacers always leaving ~1mm 'spare' because the spacers goes to the center by bolts and sometimes if spacers match exact measurements they do not fit, so till now he had no complaints yet.
So I have mounted spacers on the car together with new tires, and what I have - I have the same small vibration as I had before !!!!
Actually I don't have idea where else to look: rims & tires are new, drive shafts are checked on special machine - they are straight ....
What else ??
Old 07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't know u had a problem...........so whats the problem Gedis?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

The problem is vibrating which starts somewhere from 100km/h speed.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gedis080
The problem is vibrating which starts somewhere from 100km/h speed.
vibrating from were?
Old 07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

somewhere from suspension, from wheels. Actually if I would know from where exactly
then I could easily repair it.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

somewhere from suspension, from wheels. Actually if I would know from where exactly
then I could easily repair it.
Good luck then...........I'm sure someone will help u.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Who can help ?? :-))) All the time the same answers - probably your rims are not balanced properly, probably your tires are bad..... all the time the same, but here could be mo reasons - just one came to my mind that could be because of wheel bearing was not straight/proper installed, is it possible cause ???
Old 07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Who can help ?? :-))) All the time the same answers - probably your rims are not balanced properly, probably your tires are bad..... all the time the same, but here could be mo reasons - just one came to my mind that could be because of wheel bearing was not straight/proper installed, is it possible cause ???
So then u have to be more specific Gedis than "i have a noise from my suspension".
I'm just trying to assertain were the noise is comming from (front or rear of the car?),
what kinda noise (grinding, howling, scrubbing, banging, ect..........?),
when does the noise accure (slow speed, while turning, while going straight, ect.........?)

If it were a wheel bearing a quick test would be to go around after a drive and feel the rims center caps were the wheel bolts go through......is it hot? is the car making a hawling noise while going around corners, or straight?

I know you have replaced a lot of stuff and I know you know your car better than anyone and I know that you have went over every inch of the car shaking things, making sure nuts and bolts, fasteners ect are all tight.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

:-))) but I didn't say "i have a noise from my suspension". I did say "I have small vibration" and "vibrating starts somewhere from 100km/h speed". And I think (I'm not 100% sure) it's coming from front passengers side and rear passengers side, but as I said I'm not sure from where exactly!
And about bearing - if it is fitted not straight, might be it's making wheel to turn not straight the full turn and it causing that vibration ?? I'm just guessing now... but there is no any noise from anywhere.

I just had to replace front drivers side bearing, it was easy to detect because from ~60km/h I could really feel where from the noise is coming.
Here is the video what did happen with *** wheel bearing after ~10000km of running... I was surprised with so short lifetime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RemMtF1mM

P.S. Yes, all 'rubbers' on suspension are changed out, and all are properly tight, but anyway I have ordered set of polyurethane bushes from Powerflex to replace those bonded rubber mountings at the front because I'm already fed up with changing them each 3-4000km!
Attached Images    
Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

:-))) but I didn't say "i have a noise from my suspension". I did say "I have small vibration" and "vibrating starts somewhere from 100km/h speed". And I think (I'm not 100% sure) it's coming from front passengers side and rear passengers side, but as I said I'm not sure from where exactly!
And about bearing - if it is fitted not straight, might be it's making wheel to turn not straight the full turn and it causing that vibration ?? I'm just guessing now... but there is no any noise from anywhere.

I just had to replace front drivers side bearing, it was easy to detect because from ~60km/h I could really feel where from the noise is coming.
Here is the video what did happen with *** wheel bearing after ~10000km of running... I was surprised with so short lifetime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RemMtF1mM

P.S. Yes, all 'rubbers' on suspension are changed out, and all are properly tight, but anyway I have ordered set of polyurethane bushes from Powerflex to replace those bonded rubber mountings at the front because I'm already fed up with changing them each 3-4000km!
Maybe the steering damper is bad?

Quick Reply: wheels bolts