*TEARS*... Selling my Raudi (red audi)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *TEARS*... Selling my Raudi (red audi)

http://classifieds.audiworld.com/sho...p?product=7609

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2508692865.html

Last edited by coriard; 07-24-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Body looks in good shape. Been a rash of 90's for sale in the Spokane area recently.

Once you have Q it's hard to go back to anything else, It's kept me on the road numerous times instead of the ditch.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah I'm super sad to see it go. It belongs in the hands of one of you guys who can keep it running. It looks WAY to nice to take to the scrap yard! Like I said too, interior is immaculate as well.

Anyways, I should mention too that I am considering parting out. So throw out your needs/wants and we might figure something out!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it drives and it's not damaged why part it out and not sell it so it can be used?
The smoke might not be rings......the 2.8 used low tension rings and they last for well beyond 200K.
You could have shot valve seals or the intake is so gooped up with oil it's not allowing a clean burn.
You could always try and run some seafoam through the intake and see if it helps, add some to the oil and gas and clean the motor up.

The only reason I would see to ever part a car is if it has major damage or a major part broke [engine, transmission] and the cost to repair would out weight would the car is actually worth.

You mention you don't want it to go to a yard but if you strip it that's where the body shell would end up for maybe $150.

If the clutch is worn to the point as you mention it won't stay in gear that has to be fixed asap. Clutches are good for around 150-180K max, by almost 200K they are going to be gone.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Since you mention the gooped up bit, I'll mention that I did have the intake apart a couple times and both times it was indeed gooped up in those black plastic hoses. I cleaned and it came back. Any idea why? Could this potentially be an easy fix??????????
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I should add that I didn't use seafoam when I cleaned it. Just took it apart and rinsed with very hot water for 15ish minutes.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Black "goop" = oil-based sludge.

Water + black "goop" = no solution, as water & oil don't mix, so the black "goop" doesn't dissolve.

Seafoam + black "goop" = possible solution & definitely unhappy neighbors. Seafoam is petroleum based, and when hot, breaks down black "goop," letting it flow into your combustion chamber to be burned up. It makes a really big stinky white cloud when you do it, but the Youtube entertainment value? Priceless, Bro... NO sarcasm implied or suggested, it does good stuff, and it really is fun as HELL to watch.

For $6.50 per bottle, and your willingness to part the car out, what can it hurt at this point?

I'd absolutely do it if it were my car. No joke.

Last edited by Loudgoldwing; 07-24-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

The goop was a sort of peanut butter color actually when I saw it both times. Any ideas on what that could be? And how would one pour it into the intake system?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

"Peanut Butter" colored "goop" is indicative of our first opinion on this, back in your original post way back when.

Head gasket. "Peanut Butter" happens when there is a breach in the seal between two of the circulatory systems in your engine... namely, oil and water/antifreeze. Peanut Butter in your breather tube means that oil and water are mixing and being blown out through the area of your engine where the fuel/air explosion takes place. This would also explain the white cloud you blow out when taking off from a stop light. It's not smoke. It's steam.

Perhaps the part-out idea isn't so bad, after all. What color is the interior?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting. Thanks!

Yeah there's just nothing close in my bank account for what I would need to do that kind of repair.

Interior is black with wood trim. The black fabric is really tightly woven and tough with gray lines through as accents. I think that comes from the sport package. Interested in pics?

Quick Reply: *TEARS*... Selling my Raudi (red audi)