1995 90 QS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 90 QS

I am looking for a source for parts, aftermarket, performance, OEM. It seems very hard to find stuff online & this forum is very out of date??

Thank you
Old 08-14-2011, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

motorgeek.com - as a forum
034motorsport.com - performance parts
genuineaudiparts.com - for original parts
rockauto.com - market parts
autohausaz.com - parts

btw google is very good search engine
Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't import that many aftermarket parts for your car, you can try ebay.de (which is german) they usually offer worldwide shipping and have parts but it's gonna be pricey mainly because of shipping. Engine mods for a v6 usually require some custom fabrication and are not cost effective. Exterior mods are easier to find but aren't cheap either; my RS2 bumper came from UK, reiger sideskirts came from germany (http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/ind...BP&language=en), fogs for the bumper i think were shipped from Canada. There's also this website http://www.034motorsport.com/ but it's geared towards 5cyl models (b3) and newer audis and vws

Good luck
Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Importrp for some OEM, aftermarket and high end aftermarket.

partstrain also has some harder to find parts.
partsgeek and partsbin for other choices.
usautoparts is where I picked up my zimmermann rotors and EBC brakes with promo for a great price.

Check prices and brand across all of them until you find the best price for the best brand, least that is what I do.

Some of these sites run promo's as well which can save you some bucks.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "looking for -a- source"

You may have to be more specific about what "stuff" you are looking for.

If you are cost-conscious at all, sourcing can certainly eat up at great deal of time. The likely-hood of finding a single source is small. If you are a DIY-er or would like to be, I think this forum has a lot to offer. The work required is entirely do-able by the average person.

One strength of this forum is that there is a great deal of back-ground material to be had for those willing to do the reading. There is much in the way of maintenance, that can be torqued to improve performance, while lowering long-term cost and improving reliability. The work required is not difficult, and the cost of this work can be very low if:

a.) you are willing to learn to do most of the work yourself;
b.) you can separate wants from needs; &
c.) you don't attempt to do too much; all at once.

The relatively low production numbers of these cars does mean commercial sites devoted to only them will be few, but exclusivity often has it's price. If altering the appearance of the car is your main aim, you may not find much satisfaction here, but if your needs lie elsewhere, there's lot's to do. There is almost nothing that hasn't been discussed here previously, but it's not necessarily out of date, it is just; beneath the surface.

Successful ownership often involves much research, finding technical fixes which are best inter-woven into a proper maintenance plan, and executing all of that. What do you have in mind for your car?