2Bennet incompetent or arrogant?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2Bennet incompetent or arrogant?

What is it with 2Bennet out in California? Are they in business or are they ducking bill collectors and irate customers who have not received their orders.
They're not answering their e-mails and keep you on hold when you phone until you give up because of the length of time it takes(I think thats why they do it). I've heard from some informed sources that they have a cash flow problem and are starting to have a bunker attitude. Anybody hear anything about them?
Old 05-08-2002, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever tried to run an Audi Tuning Business?
Old 05-08-2002, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Have you ever tried to run an Audi Tuning Business?

It's like any other niche business. The way you deal with prospective and return customers will make or brake you. The health of your business is all dependent on word of mouth from satisfied customers who speak to others who would be interested in your business. Enthusiastic and satisfied customers are the life blood of such small niche businesses like 2Bennet. Becoming bigger or more important than your customers is a death wish and 2Bennet is surly courting the Grim Reaper.
Old 05-08-2002, 06:03 AM

Default tis been agreed........

When I emailed them saying I wanted 10 sets of RS2 lights, they didn't email me for weeks, in fact I don't think I even got an email back from them.

I called them last year when I was serious about getting a RS2 bumper and they told me $2000. - if I bought 2 I might get a discount, because me and Nkugs9390 were interested in it at the same time.

audios
Old 05-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor

Default Re: Have you ever tried to run an Audi Tuning Business?

Howdy. I have had my issues with 2Bennett and contacting them, several years ago and just recently included. I made a little stink about it and it was confirmed that they are rather busy, it's just the two brothers working there I believe, and they do quite a bit of business. I can't deny or confirm their financial status.

They have never been good about answering emails and reaching them on the phone usually involves hitting the redail throughout the day and battling the dreaded busy signal, thus a sign of good amounts of business or a broken phone system.

2Bennett offers some great products and services that most tuners do not. The coilovers, brake parts, delrin bushings, bent tie rods for turbo conversions, and so forth are great unique products and I think 2Bennett should be commended for them. Sure it's hard to contact them, but I have a feeling a lot of their business is done in the shop. If they were hurting for cash I'd think they would want to answer every possible sale based email and phone call ASAP to get the parts they stock out the door to kill their overhead and make some cash. They may just be focussing on projects or just standard maintenance in the shop, they do run several garage bays and people out in California who use them seem exceedingly loyal.

Either way just plug away at contacting them on the phone, it may take a few days, but you'll catch someone eventually. Usually pretty cordial on the phone too.

Good Luck
Old 05-08-2002, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmmm...2Bennet's not answering the phone or any e-mails huh? I think I had that same thing happen...

...Yes, yes I did. It took them almost a year to get some of the stuff I ordered from them, and even then I didn't get everything. Keep on them, and when you finnaly get through, give 'em an earfull. That's what I did. They still owe me several things, but after two plus years I've given up ever seeing it.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:44 AM

Default Re: 2Bennet incompetent or arrogant?

Last Fall I had them install Nology Wires on my V6 on a Thursday.
They were quite busy in the middle of the week.
Their staff is real slim, besides the two brothers.
Their real strength lies with their walk-in customers rather than their phone-in
customers.
Keep trying.!
Old 05-08-2002, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mike, don't defend them. They're crappy businessmen...

...Unless see you have a fat wallet, that is. Then they have all the time in the world for you. I don't know how anyone can put up such an elaborate web site, to gain customers, and not pay attention to it. That's just bad business practice.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re: No defence, just asking question. )
Old 05-08-2002, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've noticed that as well. For the amount of money I've spent with them...

they don't treat me very well when I walk into their shop. I'm always standing around for several hours only to find out that they don't have what I need.

Quick Reply: 2Bennet incompetent or arrogant?