BUYING AN AUDI 80... OPINIONS????

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYING AN AUDI 80... OPINIONS????

hi, im interested in buying a audi 80 and its really nice and looks in great condition outside but i really dont know what im in for under the hood... now id just like to know what type of car is this... reliable?? or not..?? does it have alot of problems and if so what are the major ones because all cars do i guess...
i will get a mechanic to look it over but im getting it really cheap and i just wanted to see what i would be in for... also i have been told its very petrol economic..true or not??? any advice and thought or personal experience would be great thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 AM

Default I'm sure you'll end up dropping some coin on repairs, but...

if it's in great shape, you won't see yourself coming and going on the road - a la Grand Am and so on. Good mileage? Not impressive, espcially with automatic.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If it's a front drive car, skip it...

There much more reliable, and less costly cars out there. A (flame suit on) Honda would be a better choice, IMO. They've got bullet-proof motors, and are much less costly to maitain.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: I'm sure you'll end up dropping some coin on repairs, but...

oh thanks..so basically there is alot better cheaper more reliable cars out there???..
im getting it for only 3 thousand australian dollars... so its still not worth it...or would u say it is??.. its done 160,000 k`s and its automatic.. ooo confusing
Old 09-12-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: If it's a front drive car, skip it...

what you mean by flame suit on honda??? lol i dont get it ..sorry :\ which honda do you think would be good
Old 09-12-2005, 07:24 AM

Yeah, I'd say if reliability and cheap are your main concerns, get a Toyota!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:25 AM

He means getting blasted for saying the "H" word
Old 09-12-2005, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly what all of these folks are saying...if you're not mechanically inclined or don't like...

...working on your own cars, get something more...Asian... Audis are great cars, but, if you just want a car to be around in, get something else.

What year is this car? Engine? If it is an automatic I'd steer clear though, older Audi automatic gearboxes are rubbish.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Re: He means getting blasted for saying the "H" word

LOLLLLLL
Old 09-12-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re:Exactly what all of these folks are saying

oh nah i dont mind working on my own car, ive done some certificates in automotive mechanics, panel beating and spray painting.. id love to work on it myself... its a 89 ..i love mechanics its just that right now i have to look after my mum bla bla parents seperated and yeah i just thought it would be a good price and then i could fix the rest up and i just wanted to know if it would be a bomb and break down etc etc my partners car is a tt 300zx and that had sooo much problems but he put stacks of cash and now its really good but i just wanted something more reliable... all i mean is are they buckets of junk lol..we have a friend who has one and has never had issues with it same yr , auto also but thats one person lol

Quick Reply: BUYING AN AUDI 80... OPINIONS????