Group-buyer's

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Group-buyer's

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/feedback/msgs/21237.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/feedback/msgs/21237.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 06-23-2004, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re: Are dead?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did ya read what Jason(Forum Moderator/God) wrote? ;O)
Old 06-24-2004, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ya, help me understand, this is what i heard. and other rantings

I will create a forum that only AudiWorld staff members can post in. (I'm a control freak) I will create a submission form for group buys. We will (We'll, me and my posse) review them on a case by case basis and then post them online. (Only the one's we approve) Does that work for everybody? (You know it won't, at some point someone will not like it)

In some sense we have to be rigid. (Can't ****-off my source in income) If you stop and think about it and get off the bandwagon about us "pandering to advertisers" then you realize why we don't want an ultra cheap group buy going through some unknown company (that none of us are going to check out) that could be fly by night, could be selling stolen goods, could be in it just for a quick buck (that could be just like me) and no customer service (that could be just like me) or could be just plain taking advantage of AudiWorld (that could be just like me) as a gather place of enthusiasts to sell product without stepping up to pay for advertising like the other legitimate companies. So that is why the rule came into effect in the first place. (I want my cut)

However we recognize that some group buys fall outside of this and I think we could make excpetions on a case by case basis - and this could be one of those. (We'll allow it if; 1- Can't get it from one of our paying advertisers, 2) Can get new advertising dollars from this lead the group buy requester found.

So allow me to proceed (I want to do what I want) with what I proposed and again I say if you can build the software then maybe we (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) could all have something better. Remember that AudiWorld is a big collections of the contributions of a lot of people and some significant features (LOL, HAHAHA, I haven't had to pay for) have come out of people spending a little time to put their programming talents where their mouths are.

(in summary - I want the Money, don't go selling anything here unless I say so and I get my share, please develop more features for my site for free!)

PS, I too went around and around with Jason over and Ebay link to a part someone on the 80/90 board was looking for, it wasn't my auction, I had no interest in selling this item , I was only trying to help out a fellow Audi owner. I used the words "Be like MikTip" because the person looking for the part asked MikTip where he got his part...And I'm only guessing here, a lot of peeps on the 80/90 board would love to have the Skills/Knowledge/Car MikTik has, I thought I was showing some measure of respect to the man.

Only guessing but that should be the core/foundation of a message board, sharing knowledge. Long story short, my post was deleted and I got this email.

Subject: You are annoying me

I run AudiWorld and your posts are annoying me. I don't know what your issue is with MikTip but give it up.

Regards . . . jet

I sent:
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 9:01 AM
To: 'Jason Teller'
Subject: RE: You are annoying me
Jason, back off! Not everything is negative. If you are referring to "Be like MikTip" posts there nothing behind them! A short while ago someone asked were to get the wind deflectors like MikTip has, I found some and posted the link. The second post came after the price for those POS when up to 33 bucks, way to high IMO. There not mine - thought I was helping others out. And if MikTip put you up to the then he's not the man I thought he was.

To which he said:

Subject: RE: You are annoying me

Refer to my original e-mail. Clean it up.

As it turns out he was upset with me for the "Be like MikTip" and because in an attempt to show the peeps who frequent the 80/90 board what was important to them, I searched for words frequently used. Wheels, tires, RS2, 17 (for 17 inch wheels), etc, in addition I wonder how we communicated to one another and searched on curse words, found a lot of them, I was singled out for pointing this out and again, my post was sadly deleted.

So in conclusion, I don't think the Mod's will let this fly for very long as you are free to post Racist, vial, degrading, nasty stuff (http://forums.audiw0rld.com/pr0n/)on the boards here as long as you don't say anything against the "Mod Gods" or your voice will be deleted, rubbed out, and you'll be sent to inactive, suspended land and not allowed to play with the other children for fear you'll create an air of freedom of thought and free will, this could lead to , oh my gosh.....