Has any one here added a rear sway bar to their early CQ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any one here added a rear sway bar to their early CQ?

Looking for some BTDT help. I have a 4kq front sway bar and some info off of 20v.org I need to know what end links to use. I have two choices, either the 4kq that attaches to the control arm or the later link for the CQ that attaches to the near the shock tube.
Old 07-13-2002, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You don't want to use the 4kq front bar. It's way too thick and stiff...

...It puts the car into DANGEROUS oversteer conditions when driven briskly. You want the bar from a 4k front drive car. The bar is slighly thinner, and will balance the car much better.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Correct if...............

Yes that correct if you were to leave the front suspension at it's factory settings. This can be corrected in a few different ways. different stiffer front sway bar, stiffer shocks, stiffer springs, movement of weight(but why put more weight up front)

The reason for the 4kQUATTRO front bar is that the rear control arms on the CQ are the same as the front control are on a 4kq not a 4k.

So what I want and have is a front sway bar from a4kq

The best supension would be to get coilovers so that you could get the settings to your preference and also has less body roll.

The Impala SS is set currently so balanced that it depends how much gas is in the tank as to weither it will understeer or oversteer.

Oversteer is NOT dangerous if you know how to drive correctly. Most car manufactures FEEL that understeer is safer for the general driving public. Porsche 911's all oversteer from the factory. Understeer you hit the wall head first oversteer you hit the wall *** first - bottom line that you still hit the wall because you were pushing too hard or beyond you driving level.

The best mod that can be made to your car is the nut behind the wheel. Simply put, a good driver can drive almost anything faster than a driver that thinks they're good.

That said, how would you go about adding either sway bay to the back end of the CQ? That was my question in the first place.

Sorry for the long rant.