Help! Need full set of A80/90 black lthr door panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Need full set of A80/90 black lthr door panels

Gentlemen---got screwed real bad on a set of door panels from this guy out in Chicago. Paid hinm a nice chunk of cgange for the panels shipped to Seattle, they get here and they're damaged because he did a lousy job of packaging them, AND they weren't even black (they were that "midnight blue" that was available on the B4's) AND theye weren't even leather! they were the creased-vinyl "pleather" lookalike stuff. really burned up about this. Already installed the seats and dash (not fun), and the rear shelf---just need the correct panels. Will pay up to 200 shipped. Suggestions? many thanks
Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

YGM right now
Old 09-13-2006, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Um...B4s in the US never had a blue interior...and...I don't think any have real leather on them...

...it was pretty much black/grey/ecru...

Sure they weren't B3?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Rob! Please email me....

not a good way to find out about something like this and I am certainly not a guy that would screw up somebody. We can work this out. But, to confirm Ryan's comment, the door panels I sent you were from a B4 which had black leather interior. As he sid, door panels perhaps never had REAL leather....but i assure that is black color and they are from a 1993 B4.

As for the damage, please email me the specifics, we can work this out. Again, I'm not here to screw people and I would appreciate you emailing me first instead of posting up here. Its a big country but a small Audi community...

Peter
Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Um...B4s in the US never had a blue interior...and...I don't think any have real leather on them

I worked for Campbell-Nelson VW/Audi back in the mid-90's for almost 2 years, at their wrecking yard (largest Vdub/Audi wrecking yard on the west coast) and outsold every other agent there consistently. The manager there is still a personal friend. Takes cafre of me regularly---I am in his debt. Have also known Max at AVS (now maximilian Motorsport) for many years, and he and I both concur it was not truly "black". When I stick these panels up against my black leather seats from a 90 Q20V, it is blatantly obvious. Also, a good friend of mine in Pasadena (whom I just visited with 3 weeks ago in Cali) has a 94 B4 90CSQ that is pearl white with a full black leather interior---and it is actual leather, and it is WAY black---not the vinyl lookalike. I guess when I paid this guy the hefty chunk for the ones he was selling, I had simply given him the benefit of the doubt that this was what I was getting. Heck---I can buy the pseudo-black "midnight blue" ones from my buddies up at campbell for 25 apiece all day long. What would have been the point of purposely coughing up 200-plus for the wrong stuff, ya know?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Rob, why are you being so ignorant??

Please ask others if their leather is REAL leather - door cards only, not seats! And also, please ask others if they have blue leather interior in their B4 90's. Its a fairly big forum....see what you get for an answer.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ah, yeah, the B4 Audi black has more of a blue hue than the B3s do...
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've seen some B3s that had leather on the doors...never seen a B4 with leather door panels...

...and I've looked at a bunch. Maybe early '93s did but...more are the vinyl stuff...
Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default these door cards are off of CvTech's '93 90...he's just being stupid and/or playing stupid...

for a reason unkown to me. Oh well, he's getting his $$ back.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Rob, why are you being so ignorant??

This has little-if-anything to do with ignorance----it has to do with a car that I myself have physically sat in in Pasadena, California less than 4 weeks ago when I took my family down there on vacation. I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST NIGHT. I know the difference between creased vinyl (that has a white fabric backing, as these do) and full split-grain leather, such as my buddy Carl has in his '94 A90CSQ. Now it is true that he is not the original owner, and the car has been heavily modified, yes (Hannaford heads, etc), but I don't think the car had custom leather inserts put into the panels or anything. it appeared stock as best as i could tell. The seats were definitely full black leather as well. Is it absolutely impossible that his door cards were customized? Of course not---but I highly doubt it. I don't understand why folks out there think this is some kind of bizarre impossibility. I've been in the Vdub realm for over 15 years, a bit newer to the Audi realm, but no one ever believed me when I told them that in 91 it was possible to buy a 91 GTI 16V with an automatic transmission, either---till they SAW the one that came to Bug Nationals at S.I.R. in 2000. And yes, it was factory---the guy had the original factory invoice sticker in the glove compartment. Next i'm going to start hearing from folks that there's no such thing as an Audi 80 16V......

Quick Reply: Help! Need full set of A80/90 black lthr door panels