HELP PLEASE.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE.!!!

So i picked up another audi cab. and im going to fix it up .... the issue i run into while doing so is i cant find parts for this car.. i came across the same issue with my last one (reason for getting rid of it)
So can anyone help me out.. is their a website ive overlooked for parts..??

any help whatsoever would be VERY appreciated.

also does anyone know where i can get a hardtop?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

No disrespect intended, but given the following:

1) "i cant find parts for this car.. i came across the same issue with my last one (reason for getting rid of it)" Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

2) "does anyone know where i can get a hardtop?"
I'll let somebody else handle this one. I just can't do it today.

and worst of all...

3) Your signature says "'97 Cabriolet Quattro??" I'm going to start drinking early today...

Look, man... If you're having a problem with your car, there are quite a few guys here who are willing to help you reason through your issues and get you up and running. But these questions you're asking are like... how can I put this? Just plain lazy. They're absolutely not the kind of questions that are asked by a person who has even the basic knowledge necessary to be repairing a vehicle on their own.

Especially not the vaunted all-wheel-drive '97 Cabriolet (I'm still laughing about that on the inside, btw)
Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok ok, well first off my signature is based upon an idea I had a year or two ago to convert my cabriolet into a quattro with a 90cs donor car...

2nd i bought another cabriolet because it was dirt cheap, so round two. ..

yes i understand the questions were pretty lazy, my point was to see if anyone knew of a website or anything that had an abundance of parts. as of now im not looking for anything specific yet.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Loudgoldwing, im up there with you man..... hahahahahaha.... which bar r you going to? ill join j/k still leafing my @$$ off :-)
there is only one quattro caby that i know of, and it was a custom built buy some guy.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

here
http://www.autohausaz.com/
Old 02-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

(crazy russian) thank you for the link..

the first known issue ive run into is the transmission.

Transmission is leaking on the drivers side, I need some advice as to where it might be leaking from before i start taking it apart. Ive heard that this is common after 100k + miles.
has anyone else had the same issue, if so where can i start looking.

also can i replace the bushings in the lower A arms, or should i just buy them new?

Im currently doing the Timing belt, water pump etc..
my question for this is where does the crankshaft need to be when i put the belt on (i have the cams lined up already)
Old 02-05-2011, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

1. get the tools for the TB! and its TDC.
2. get the 034 a-arm bushings! the new bushings will last your about 6 years till they take a dump again!
3. transmition, crawl under your car and take a look!
4. get a manual and REED IT before tacking anything apart, as it doesn't sound like you know what your doing when it comes to cars (sorry bud)
5. good luck finding a hard top here in the states. good luck finding one in general
6. your welcome
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the tool for the cams on the car already.
Ive looked at the mess under the car already, its got gunk everywhere under there.. I have an oil leak aswell... currently im degreasing it so i can see where its coming from. The thing is it only leaks when i crank the wheels left.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Every single part I've asked the Audi dealer to get has been delivered without fail. Sure, it was pricey, and I've ordered elsewhere, but when in a jam, such as for the special tapered rear strut upper attach nut for my '95 Cabrolet, they came through for me. Try 12v.org for help and get the Bentley's manual and read it.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

A lot of people use ATF for power steering fluid. I would remove your Power steering cap and rub the dipstick on a white, lint-free cloth. Then take a different part of the cloth and touch it to the freshest leak you can find. I have a feeling that one of your power steering hoses is shot. It's a lot more common than a tranny leak only when turning left.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE.!!!