i had a little disagreement with some guys in the 5kt forum...in reply I said to them this...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i had a little disagreement with some guys in the 5kt forum...in reply I said to them this...

"To you, Audi is just a brand..to me, Audi is a way of life. I have built such cars as the MB 500E, the C430 and the Volv8. I have street raced against the likes mitsubishi 300gts, Modded Hondas and M3's. But nothing comes close to the feeling I get when I see an Audi in full stride on the highway or on the track.

From watching Larent Aiello winning the German Touring Car Champ. in a bright yellow 420hp TT, To watching Frank Biela, JJ Lehto and their teams dominanting the American Lemans Series in the invincible R8, to watching Mike Galati in his S4 win the drivers and manufacturers champ. in the Speed GT championship last year...Audi is the only manufacturer which builds cars with innovation and leadership in mind.

Few other makes have a unique blend of history of both motorsports and technological advances in their models. No other company's got 20+yrs of Quattro. Audi, is about being "a cut above" the rest, definately proving this every year with such new evolutionary models as the RS6 and the D3. And its definately this "Cut above the Rest" attitude towards engineering and innovation that filters down into its products, and eventually into its owners.

There is nothing like knowing that my machine is indeed more technologically advanced than the other motorists on the road. There is nothing like knowing that my machine shares a bond of motorsport background with the likes of ledgendary UrQuattro(which dominated the WRC in the early 80's) and with the Invincible R8 (which dominated the last 3 24hrs at Lemans, until the officials of the race demanded an "air restriction" to level the playing field). And it is this realization, this heir, that makes me and other aficionados natural *******s. Because we know, that our cars are definately better than theirs.

So driving an Audi has nothing to do with being "nice" to other drivers. And where do those people with their glorified go karts get the effrontery to challenge me to an exhibition of limited motorsport in my evolutionary technologicaly advanced machine? I shall never choose to make friends with the truly ignorant. I shall never choose to side with the attitude of motorsport sportsmanship, or with a plebeian engineered car. I shall never choose the eye grabbing body kit, or the ricey exhaust...I shall never choose between front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or Quattro.
I shall always be dedicated to the brand essence of the firm. I shall always remember August Horch and Audi,DKW,Horch,Wanderer AG. I shall always remember AutoUnion AG. I shall remember that day when I first encountered the "four rings and Quattro"...I shall always remember when I seen two S4's disappearing into the night sky like two shooting stars transcending into the heavens... I shall remember everything about the car that I LOVE...but there is one thing I shall never do...

...I shall Never Follow...

-That's Audi philosophy-"
Old 08-22-2003, 05:45 PM

so what warranted the pontification ?
Old 08-22-2003, 09:41 PM

Default You seem deeply provoked, but its cool Audi rules and following isn't something I do best : )

Oh and yes when I get in my Audi I step into a whole new world, a dimension that reveals me in the raw, iv become obsessed over the last few months since iv finally own what I wanted since I was young, a car with sport and class, Audi defines cool, Audi defines the ultimate drive experience.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I dunno, I'd take a 500E over a 5ktq or V8q.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:58 AM

Default Some guys didnt like something that I said in response to...

A guy on the 5kt forum told a story about him beating a bmw in a street race...I said (jokingly) that next time he should put up the middle finger right before he kicks in the turbo and leaves him in the dust of the Quattro..and those guys got mad (didn't realize i was joking) and said I should go drive a civic.