I need another tester for Pro-Mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:27 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need another tester for Pro-Mounts...

Can be anywhere in the continental US. No international testers needed at this time. To qualify you MUST be able to meet "every" stipulation below.

Chosen candidate will receive one pair of Pro-Mounts for use in the FRONT of his car with included Mount-Savers in his choice of thicknesses.

1. Must be a resident of the 48 contiguous United States. Must drive a "street" car. No off-road or dedicated race cars for this tester. Tho a competitive car is preferred over all others.

2. Must have new or recent (less than 1 yr old) struts made by either Bilstein (HD or sports), Koni or Boge Turbo Gas. No "stock" shocks for this tester. Springs may be stock tho aftermarket sport or lowering will be preferred. No coilovers for this specific tester.

3. Must be able to install no later than this weekend with installation pictures!! Zero excuses accepted!! This is a HUGE committment! If chosen and they dont go on this weekend, for ANY reason you agree to forfeit the opportunity and send them back ASAP and pay shipping out of "your" pocket and "runner-up" tester will be chosen. Sorry to be so hard-nosed about it but this is a sore point with me and some testers promising immediate installs then postponing for weeks/months. DO NOT VOLUNTEER IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT to 100% of this requirement and agree to forfeit your "tester" status if they are not installed by this weekend for "any" reason. This necessarily means you MUST have a "slotted nut tool, spring compressor and required hand tools or access to all "this" weekend!

4. If you own more than one suitable car these MUST be used in your primary car or daily driver.

5. You will evaluate and report your findings at this forum and any others you frequent in regular intervals with regard to installation, initial impressions and regular updates thereafter for a period of 6 months.

6. Preference given to existing Mance-Mount or other solid mount users tho not a requirement.

7. Bonus points for people doing formal competitive events of any/all disciplines.

If chosen candidate performs all above obligations he will be awarded a 2nd pair of REAR Pro-Mounts in 6 months after the anniversary date of his installation on March 18, 2007. He will then have FREE new Front/Rear Pro-Mounts free of any charge including shipping. He will then return his original FRONT pair for evaluation and analysis by me. If he doesnt want or cannot use (as in B4 chassis) the 2nd pair of Pro-Mounts he can have a credit for $249.95 towards anything I make.

If you can meet "all" the above conditions without exception then you're a candidate. But I dont care if the world floods or Tim McVeigh "Ryder Trucks" your garage, if they are NOT installed this weekend you forfeit!

Given that, who's left standing and whats on your car and why should I choose you? This is a $500 freebie but I expect the chosen tester to perform his responsibilities as-described and trust I will perform mine as they relate to his effort.

I will take all day to choose and announce a winner no later than tomorrow morning. I will ship to the chosen tester so that he has these in-hand by Friday, September 15, 2006 for installation on/before September 16/17 with pics and initial impressions given to this forum on/before Monday, Sept 18.

And odds are if you're new to this forum or an infrequent visitor/contributor you wont stand much chance being chosen. I expect a lot from my testers but no more than I'd expect from myself were the tables turned.

And yes, I know this could spoil some weekend plans. But at least I'm compensating someone nigh on $500 bucks and a pretty damn cool modification for the inconvenience.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me! Me! Or should I say my lady. The way she drives that damn 90CS...

well If you have been following my posts you know she has made me her mechanic Cabana boy.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:54 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default and you have those "other" solid mounts on your car correct? If so...

that puts you in good stead as you're one who can see/feel that a Pro-Mount is way, Way, WAY closer to a solid mount by a LONG shot than to any OEM rubber mount.

Tell me about shocks, springs on the planned car.

Only thing that "hurts" your chances in this is that "her" car is not "your" daily driver. Tho if you wanted to swap mounts with your QRSport ones, give them a 6 month break and put the Pro-Mounts in then give them to her, or even sell them at test conclusion that could work. I think these "might" even blow your impressions of the solid mounts in daily drivers. Sure has mine and 3 others!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 AM

Default Her car.Bilsteins with stock springs on her car. Yeah it would be interesting to see the diffrence.

My car has Bilsteins with Intrax sport springs.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd like to get a mechanic cabana girl

that would be hot.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll take it, if...

I can use them with my coilover setup(Bilstein Sports) and if that suits your needs. The car is street car...one more Auto-x left for the year, September 30th. Would I need a special Bilstein/GC setup adapter for the back?

If all those are cool I'll do it. I'm driving 330mi to MI this weekend and my sister has a perfect garage for a job so it will be done for sure...easy too considering no spring sompressor needed anymore
Old 09-12-2006, 06:28 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you decide to make it "your" car, "your" daily driver, let me know...

as I dont have any testers using QRSport mounts and I'd love to go up against them with a set of Pro-Mounts jus for grins.

Maybe I'll even make a 2nd set available immediately to a stock strut mount tester as well so that the lion share of people here get a good apples-to-apples comparison of the Pro-Mounts and not "just" the solid-to-rubber comparison of another solid mount user (if you decide to give your solids a 6 month break).

And if not I'll still keep your GF's car on the application list.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default I honestly feel we still have some unresolved issues with your car that I'd like to...

get cleared up before we muddy the waters even further. And yes you would need special adapters for coilovers and this specific tester position really must be a non-coilover car for strategic reasons as 20% of my current testers are on coilovers and thats not a good representation of of the cars. I doubt coilovers account for even 5% of the more aggressive cars here, let alone "out there."
Old 09-12-2006, 06:36 AM

Default My car would be perfect for your needs. Wouldn't be hard to change either....

SINCE I"VE BEEN DOING IT ALL YEAR!!! Ask CvTech how much my lady has me jumping like a monkey!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default got ya.

I was gonna pull them off anyways to measur things exactly and send it to you. But I understand.

Quick Reply: I need another tester for Pro-Mounts...