I need help with a Part Number that Hubturn mention?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with a Part Number that Hubturn mention?

I need the Audi part# for that gasket between the intake noise damper that Hubturn names it. Its the gasket(seal) that's between the plastic intake and manifold the one that has the 2 valve cover breather tubes attached to it slides off to the rear. I called my dealer and he didn't know what I was talking about I guess.

95 Audi 90Q 2.8l

Thanks members
Old 12-07-2011, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You talking about the throttle body to plenum gasket?

Part number 078 129 949
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/078129949/ES283683/

Or the plenum itself?

The part number is 078 133 357 F

If its the gasket, try the "telephone cord fix" to improve the seal...
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...35&postcount=9
Old 12-07-2011, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Grill, I looked over all my receipts, couldn't find it, and was going to the Audi dealer tomorrow to get the part number (the 078 129 949 gasket). His dealer should have been able to tell him. I think it was under $30. I remember it being cheap enough to not be worth doing the phone cord mod and just getting a new one. I wasn't ignoring you, Duanevw.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hubturn
Thanks Grill, I looked over all my receipts, couldn't find it, and was going to the Audi dealer tomorrow to get the part number (the 078 129 949 gasket). His dealer should have been able to tell him. I think it was under $30. I remember it being cheap enough to not be worth doing the phone cord mod and just getting a new one. I wasn't ignoring you, Duanevw.
No problem at all Hubturn, yes I'm talking about the gasket instead of the phone cord fix. My Audi dealer is a bout a hour away and there is a new guy working a young one and he seems to have a problem when I ask for parts for my 90, it was never the case a few years back. I'm a little dissapointed but it was hard for me to describe what I needed because I wasn't sure exactly what the plasctic plenum in the rear was actually called. I will punch in that part number real soon.

Thanks a Million.......

Duane, MI
Old 12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok the rubber seal on the throttle body is good, so I need the one on the Plenum itself.

So what part number then? The 078 133 357 F ? Hubturn or Grillage?

Thanks, sorry its been a long day. Duane

I
Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just installed the engine 3 weeks ago, I guess I don't remember so there is only one gasket and that the rubber seal that slides over the throttle body? I know that one looked fine, but is there another gasket between that and the intake plenum or noise damper? That I didn't notice. Maybe that was my whole problem. I looked at the ecstunning link GRILLAGE LINKED AND THAT'S THE ONE THAT FITS OVER THE END OF THROTTLE BODY CORRECT? Sorry if I'm making this difficult
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That gasket fits on the outside of the throttle body and the inside of the intake plenum.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok so it is just the one gasket or rubber seal I call it and its around 26.00. I kept thinking there were 2 gaskets for some reason when I reading the posts. Because I just remeber it being the one rubber one on throttle body.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grillage
That gasket fits on the outside of the throttle body and the inside of the intake plenum.
Ok I will double check it dad thought it looked like it was shrunked a little. I have a check engine light that comes on in about 12 miles of driving. I will have my laptop back tomorrow, the car runs fine though and I wanted to double check that, I did some of the rotted vacumm lines when installing the engine. I never had a check engine light on before but anything is possible.

Thanks Grillage and Hubturn, sorry for the confussion
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thats the right number. The Audi parts catalogs do not identify the part, but the number is listed with no explanation right under the plenum part number, which is identified. It is $12, not $30. The parts guy would be completely lost trying to identify this part if he or she isn't familiar with the engine. There's only one gasket, make sure you dont lose the two rubber centering things on the pins the plenum pushes into. Make sure you install the vacuum hose going into the plenum on the low end on the EGR side. The top vac hose is easy to see. Make sure the green plastic line going to that vacuum "globe" looking thing by the coil isn't cracked. That runs under the intake to the front of the motor. Engine heat makes it brittle over time. If you change this line, DO NOT pull on the rubber hose going into the "globe"--use a scapel to cut the rubber away. The tit will surely break off if you try to force it. Then the vacuum "globe" go bye bye.

Quick Reply: I need help with a Part Number that Hubturn mention?