Just a friendly reminder about for sale ads, since it seems to be a hot topic...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Just a friendly reminder about for sale ads, since it seems to be a hot topic...

Selling is not allowed in the forums, at all, unless you are an advertiser.

Users may create an ad in the AudiWorld Classifieds, to which users may place a link in their signature.

Even if you have done the above, you may NOT post to the forum your classified ad. If someone else posts looking for a specific part (this is usually not allowed, but sometimes it slides) you may reply to check your classified ad if you have the part in question for sale.

That's it. Anything above and beyond what I describe is not allowed. Links to external for sale ads, links to Ebay ads (unless you can prove that it's not your auction) are examples of what is NOT allowed.

Thanks on behalf of the AudiWorld staff.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Lane Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually, you're wrong.

You can also have FS classified ads in your sig.

<i>For Sale
For Sale posts are not permitted in the Forums. Private parties may include a link in their signature for For Sale ads which are listed in the AudiWorld classifieds. Links to external sites or commercial sites are not permitted. For Sale ad text or pictures with an ad embedded may not be put in a signature. A signature which includes what may be deemed an excessive number of links will, at our discretion, be removed. </i><ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/faq.shtml#17a">https://www.audiworld.com/forum/faq.shtml#17a</a</li></ul>
Old 12-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Head Cat Herder

LOL, that's funny. Where in my post did I say you can't? I actually say that you CAN.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default But if someone is having problems/etc and someone has a part they can email them off forum...

...(without making a post) offering a part, correct? As long as someone isn't posting "I am looking for X part"...
Old 12-23-2006, 05:25 PM
No Bozos!

Default Not enforced the same in all forums

A number of other forums do allow FS ads and looking for posts as well.

The same ones also allow links to the forbidden other sites too.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think in the older forums it could be allowed or not have to be made...

...that big a deal about simply because not many advertisers have parts...especially new or used dealer-only parts for sale...

For the A4 and newer crowd where there's plethoras of parts, I can see that...but...most online parts sources that are advertisers have since dropped carrying parts (OE or aftermarket) for these old clunkers.

And what harm does a forum member who might have an extra part selling it to another forum member really cause? It's not like any of us here that have a few extra parts (or even a single parts car) are really making THAT much money...more of a service to keep these older cars running...

But rules are rules...and I suppose they can't be on a per-forum basis only as a whole for AudiWorld.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmmmm............

Don't use this place but use this other place and don't let anybody know. No wonder the aw marketplace is less desirable than the other one we know of. Just my .02 but any who, Merry Christmas anyway guys and gals (you too Kris). Enjoy the ones you love and have a peaceful holiday.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Head Cat Herder

Of course, they can even reply with their classified ad.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Head Cat Herder

Show me. It is strictly forbidden, though not always seen by moderators.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Head Cat Herder

Default You can let people know, but you have to do it within the rules.

The rules state that you can not advertise in the forums, no matter what, unless you are a paying advertiser.

Quick Reply: Just a friendly reminder about for sale ads, since it seems to be a hot topic...