Missing vacuum line; heater control valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing vacuum line; heater control valve

I have a 90' Audi 90 Quattro 20 valve with the Electronic Climate Control System. Was doing some trouble shooting and have noticed that I'm missing the "white" vacuum that attaches to the vacuum side of the heater control valve. I do not see a white plastic line anywhere or i'm looking in the wrong place(s). Where does this line originate? THanks!!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wyoaudidude
I have a 90' Audi 90 Quattro 20 valve with the Electronic Climate Control System. Was doing some trouble shooting and have noticed that I'm missing the "white" vacuum that attaches to the vacuum side of the heater control valve. I do not see a white plastic line anywhere or i'm looking in the wrong place(s). Where does this line originate? THanks!!
I'm shocked that I've had 120+ views and no one has an answer or suggestion. I'm going to go a different route. I need any 89'-92' 80/90 Audi owner(s) to do me a favor,...look under your hood and trace where this (white) vacuum line is coming from. I just need to know what area of the firewall it's coming out from. The heater control valve is located about dead center on the firewall it's in-line to one of two hoses going through the firewall (heater core lines). It has a vacuum diaphragm with a vacuum line (white if original)coming off of it. Depending on if you have the Auto climate control setup yours may or may not have an electrical plug,.....mine does. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Mike
Old 09-20-2013, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Mike. I'll take a look at this tomorrow for you. We 20V guys need to stick together as these cars have enough uniqueness that one day it will be a royal pain to figure stuff exactly like this out. I traced this once before myself trying to figure something out with the locker vacuum or something. Will post.

DougM
Old 09-21-2013, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wyoaudidude
I'm shocked that I've had 120+ views and no one has an answer or suggestion. I'm going to go a different route. I need any 89'-92' 80/90 Audi owner(s) to do me a favor,...look under your hood and trace where this (white) vacuum line is coming from. I just need to know what area of the firewall it's coming out from. The heater control valve is located about dead center on the firewall it's in-line to one of two hoses going through the firewall (heater core lines). It has a vacuum diaphragm with a vacuum line (white if original)coming off of it. Depending on if you have the Auto climate control setup yours may or may not have an electrical plug,.....mine does. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Mike
why dont you post a picture and we dont have to guess?
1 pic = 1000 words
Old 09-21-2013, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm, I think it's time for a picture. I have the electronic climate control and my two heater hoses simply come out of the firewall toward the engine with no valves on them. One hose has a bleeder screw, but definitely no valve with either vac lines or elec wires. The valve must be inside the vehicle on the other side of the firewall. So, to clarify you may need to post a picture for reference, or a link to a parts diagram. You sure you're looking at the right object?

DougM