News again to anyone following me....(Lol that was a stupid mistake, man i am beat)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News again to anyone following me....(Lol that was a stupid mistake, man i am beat)

Ok so my car is in the ****ter in my opinion now. Dont know where the coolant is going to now, but its going there in high amounts. Not smoking but loosing about a quart every 30 miles. WTF, I am exausted with working on this car so i think it is gonna sit for a week or so. Maybe i just have a loose hose clamp or something somewhere. I havent even looked for leaks or anything yet, i just got done with the drive back from NY. All i did was keep adding coolant about every two hours. Stupid light came on about 30 miles after i did that too. Sighhh, i really doubt that i am burning it since the cloud of smoke is not following me everywhere and with a leak that big i figure i should have a good size cloud (like the one i had when i got pulled over a couple days ago.)

SOOOooo, Happy New Year to all!!! Best part about this all, it can only go up hill from here. I think...Watch a total bottom end failure in my near future, lol prolly throw a bearing and then toss a rod. That would make my day. At least then i could say i found the coolant leak again. lol

-JIMMY
Old 01-02-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Knews again to anyone following me....

I feel your pain. I don't have the same problem, but my coupe has been nothing but one problem after the next for the past few months. I often debate pushing it off a cliff, sometimes without bothering to get out first. It's probably just a split hose or a loose clamp. Maybe your aux rad took a dump or even a split in your expansion tank (happened in my scirocco a few years ago). Best of luck to you.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So sadd...

As much as i am angry and annoyed. the thought of loosing the car makes me so sadd. LOL, she's my best friend.

-JIMMY
Old 01-02-2005, 11:27 PM

Default I fixed my coolant loss problem by

1) replacing expansion tank
2) disabling aux radiator
3) new hose clamps
4) new coolant
5) new MFTS
Old 01-03-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Haha, I also have often thought about jumping out and letting her fly!

Well-built as far as body and engine, but it's the little **** that drives me nuts - LED displays and lights going out, paint going to hell, the quirky things acting up here and there. With an American car that age, it's totally the opposite though--everything works, but the body looks like hell and engine is smoking. Guess I'm still better off.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yea all the little things...

I just did all the LED replacements, and the ODO gear, and now a new headgasket, Dist. cap and rotor.

and it still needs; The seats are wearing and would like them re-uppohlstered, head liner is falling again, clip on the rear lock is broken, and the paint i dont care about so much.

-JIMMY
Old 01-03-2005, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If the oil isn't milky, it isn't going into the bottom end.

Sounds like you have an external leak, but it is evaporating off and is, therefore, not readilly visible. Try pressurizing the system when cold and look for drips. I had a leaky hose for about 3-4 months (would have to add coolant every 100 miles or so). Good luck with it.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Did you do the LEDs yourself? My dash gear indicator also burned out...

Is this part of a whole cluster that has to be replaced? And while we're at it....curious regarding your comment that you don't care much about paint. Is it shot too? Or just low priority?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes i did them myself, but mine were all jsut the cluster switches, and yes the paint is shot...

and i dont care about it much. The lights are not that hard at all, just get a soldering iron, heat up the contact point and pull the old one off and then put the new one on. If you have a tool to remove the old solder that would prolly be best so you can put some new stuff down, but i just added a little to the old stuff.

-JIMMY
Old 01-05-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Yeah, I guess I should just attempt the solder thing. Just replaced my heater blower last night.

God, the silence is deafening! hahaha....but if you've ever put up with a loudly rumbling fan, it's enough to make you want to commit hari-kari.