Pulled over by a cop:-(((((((((((((( ;o)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Xel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over by a cop:-(((((((((((((( ;o)

O man, that was scary:-)

OK so after driving around for a 1/2 an hour i finnaly decided to go home. On my way home I see this hhhhhonda all riced out and stuff passes me:-( I think he didn't notice the badge of my car, so i decided to give him an opportunity for a closer look:-) I pass him, but we get into a busy traffic and on the corner there is a cop car. The cop was just turning right. I wasn't going too fast becausjust 20-30 over the limit, but because of other cars if was obvious that i was going faster.... So i didn't notice the cop cause if all other cars in the right lane, but he did and even before I went by him, I saw him turning on the lights:-((( I was kinda scared and decided to run in first 5 seconds, but missed the other right turn, so there was no way to go:-( Anyways I see him going for me:-((( I pull over to the right as all other cars, pretending giving him a way as usually we do for other emergency vehicles:-))) However he pulls behind me. Oooops:-) it was my 1st time being pulled over so I didnt know what to do. I put in neutral and just waited, then I saw him taking the mike, and i understood that he was going to ask me to turn of the car:-) Here i was faster than him, and turned he car off:-)
Than took out my Drivers license and registration:-) to make it all faster (i was 2 min away from home). He comes up to me an asks:
Cop: "Where have u been rushing too?"
Me: "Home..."
Cop "gimme ur dr and reg"
Me: "here"
Cop: "Have u been drinking?"
Me: "No!"
Cop: "gimme a sec"
Me: ......

He comes back in a minute and tells:
Cop: "Slow it down!!! I dont want to give u a ticket, but u oviously deserve one today"

Me:"Sorry:-) Thank you, have a good night!"

Than I start the car, and turn left, eventhought there were no cars on intersection i press brake (i am a cautious user of the road, righ) (slooooooowly) turn left and right on my street:-)

Then I eat one bannana, and go upstairs to type this story:-) Now i am a slow driver for the next 2 weeks at least..... After two weeks i am oficially broke, so then I won't be able to afford speeding at all, and that would be for another month:-)

Am i lucky or he just couldn't prove my speeding?
Old 11-22-2002, 09:09 PM

Default sometimes they don't radar you and you can play dumb. Sometimes they just like you...(loooong)

A friend and I got pulled over going well_over_100 in his new M coupe. The cop was in such a rush to swallow his donut and chase us, he never got radar...kept asking "how fast were you going, how fast were you going?" My buddy just kept saying "I was watching the tach for this new exhaust test, I don't know, blah blah" Cop was almost hopping up and down and red in the face but had no evidence and let us go.

Some words of advice if you are going to run: Make LEFT turns across traffic (careful!) when they cant see you - like when there are other cars, curves, etc. They are trained that fleeing suspects always turn RIGHT becuase it is easier.

Then, double back in a wide, zig zag loop and head the OPPOSITE of the way you came on a parallel road. Find a freeway or such to put some distance.

Other tricks I have used include pulling into a random garage with the end of the car that the the cop didn't see sticking out (If he saw the back, have the front showing, etc..)

The best way to evade is not to drive like a maniac until you have put an obsticle between him and you. You need to give the impression that you aren't running, don't see him, and are usually a carefull, conciencious driver. Give him several choices about where you went so he gets bored and will give up. There is a fair amount of strategy involved such as changing lanes and exiting when he is blocked, etc. Never mind how I learned, this

If you do get stopped, just tell him you have to take a **** REAL BAD and laugh and appologize while *looking* like you've got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey - that worked TWICE for me.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:38 PM

Default pulled over doing 109 mph

In Michigan,did not even see him.I was going to my best friend weding and I was his best man.Luckily I had weding rings with me otherweise he would not let me go.I am still not sure if he felt sory for me or my best friend.Cop was very profesinal but I still had to pay $160 fine.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:41 PM

Default I'v been puled over 7 times...

...I findaly figured out that if you have a radar dector in the windsheild rip it down before he gets out. Cuz if you have a radar dector he's going to assume that u are all ready going as fast as you can without gitting a ticket. Also i realy helps if you are out of state (i was in boston) when u get pulled over look like u are preoccupied that u have to pic someone up at an airport or something and talk about how screwed up the roads are and if *city your in* fixed the goddam roads and put up some signs once in a while you could find where you are going. Worked for a freind of mine. Oh yah and being Male 20 and out on a satturday night is a felony in the US.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:47 PM

Default lol anytime a cop pulls out behind me i rip the radar detector off

guilty conscience i guess. never been pulled over though.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: lol anytime a cop pulls out behind me i rip the radar detector off

I have gotten 4 tickets in the past year. 1st was in my 5000q, a 82 in a 55, droped to a 1 point violation and a $75 fine. The second was in my beater truck, 61 in a 45, droped to a broken spedo, $100 fine. And this past month I got two in one week a 60 in a 45, cop droped it from 71, and a 71 in a 55. I know a local cop, but I may get screwd pretty hard on the last two tickets :-( , I would rally like my next car to be tornado red again, but I think its really called "pull me over red" so I may not get another.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:38 AM

Radar can only get a good reading when there are no other cars around
Old 11-23-2002, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Problem is... you usually can't speed very much when there are many other cars
Old 11-23-2002, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I got pulled over once..

It was late at night, maybe early morning on a Saturday night. I ran a "pink" light the officer said, it was one of those times where you either slam on the brakes, or just blast through the intersection. I was drivng my SLOW 4k, so if I got a speeding ticked, I woulda laughed. It was my 1st time being pulled over and just got a verbal warning.
The second time i was the passenger in my friends Talon TSI AWD. Long story short, 5 cop cars show up, I about **** my pants, and he gets cuffed and taken into custody. Me? Well luckily one of my friends was driving by and took me back to my car, Jeff's car was impounded. After a long court case, the charges of "street racing" were dropped, because we werent, the officer had no proof, and no rights were read.
A PITA if you ask me, be careful out there, cops do make mistakes. Street racing is bad, Im glad my car is slow (within reason).

Mike
Old 11-23-2002, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my friend was driving that day...

racing his saab 9/3 on the freeway against a v6 maro.. (slow cars indeed)

cop pulled out when we were doing about 100.

my friend got in front of the semi and slowed down, the maro kept going. then my friend went on the emergency lane on the right side of the semi (in the right lane) then slowed and got behind the semi (basically circled the semi). as the cop chased the maro because he couldn't find the pos saab.

scary experience

Quick Reply: Pulled over by a cop:-(((((((((((((( ;o)