Put some LEDs into the dash...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Put some LEDs into the dash...

...and I must say, WOW!! They look amazing! Deep red in color, bright and can be dimmed as stated when I purchased them from over seas. I have one dilemma; I think I need more of them for a few "not-as-bright" spots on the Tach and Speedo inner rings. I only had 7 bulbs and put them where I thought they were needed but I think if I had 10 to start with I would have been perfect. I will post photos this weekend. I know the post is worthless without photos but they will be appreciated when I do post them.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's the link from where they came from...I do believe they are also abvailable on SuperbrightLEDs.com. http://wp1054369.wp085.webpack.hoste...vfvvv6q7sq48e1
Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, if your going to be doing an order from quantitec please let me know, i need to order some stuff from them too.
are the leds the only thing you ordered from them? how was the shipping?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
hey, if your going to be doing an order from quantitec please let me know, i need to order some stuff from them too.
are the leds the only thing you ordered from them? how was the shipping?
Well anything shipped from over seas is expensive. It can be justified if that is the only place you find what you're seeking. I DID just place an order from SuperBrightLEDS.com to see if they're product will be the same I received from Quantitec. Shipping was more then the cost of the LED bulbs from Qunatitec but it was a great looking product...After I receive my order from SuperBrightLEDs I will share what I find out. I may be putting in another order with Quantitec if these don't work out.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

well, i actually need a set of plasma gauge faces for the aux gauges that they have. but let me know what you find out with LEDs:-)
Old 09-23-2010, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default a-'hem

I went ahead and bought 10 more LED bulbs from SuperbrightLEDs.com and I must say...I did not need them. I was concerned with my entire dash not being completely lit up but it turns out I needed to only rotate the bulbs slightly for them to illuminate. You only need the 7 that come from Quantitec.com. I can't state enough that these things look great! MUCH better then my previous incandescent bulbs! There is hardly if any hot spots from these 130* LEDs and they do have a rich red color! I didn't bring my camera with me to upload the photos but I hope to do so this evening. Definitely one the best, most simple things I've done to the car. I did throw a couple fo the additional 10 bulbs I got from sueprbrightleds in to see if they lit up and they did...So that may be the better place to purchase them int he future...MUUUUUCH less money...I got 10 for only $15.90 instead of the $44xx from Quantitec.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SC_09iduA
I went ahead and bought 10 more LED bulbs from SuperbrightLEDs.com and I must say...I did not need them. I was concerned with my entire dash not being completely lit up but it turns out I needed to only rotate the bulbs slightly for them to illuminate. You only need the 7 that come from Quantitec.com. I can't state enough that these things look great! MUCH better then my previous incandescent bulbs! There is hardly if any hot spots from these 130* LEDs and they do have a rich red color! I didn't bring my camera with me to upload the photos but I hope to do so this evening. Definitely one the best, most simple things I've done to the car. I did throw a couple fo the additional 10 bulbs I got from sueprbrightleds in to see if they lit up and they did...So that may be the better place to purchase them int he future...MUUUUUCH less money...I got 10 for only $15.90 instead of the $44xx from Quantitec.

Which bulbs did you get from superbright, I couldn't find the right bulb # when I looked for them there.

Would you mind linking to them?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I used the B8.5s

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...specs%2FB8.htm

They worked for me...they are ploarized bulbs so if they do not light up you just turn them the other way.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what would happen if you installed the blue LEDs considering the red filters that we have?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Using simple science...you'd get a dull purple...like liver meat. :P haha, The blue LEDs have a higher lumen output so it may look almost "blue-light" violet. I actually tried putting the LEDs in the green blinker connectors and they looked horrible...So I swapped them back to OE. the dull red colored light was tough to see during the daylight hours...however you can still hear the relay flasher making noise. My needles look stellar tho!

Last edited by SC_09iduA; 09-23-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: have more info

Quick Reply: Put some LEDs into the dash...