Question from my BF

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from my BF

Of course, he wants to modify my car (93 90cs)more than I do (I have final say on what's done - but he has a lot of input):

"You should ask them what kind of performance mods are available for your
car. Can you get:
- Lowering Springs
- K&N Air filter
- cams
- exhausts
- headers
- Performance intake
- Larger TB"
Old 10-02-2003, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question from my BF

Check out:<ul><li><a href="http://www.abnormallyaspirated.com">http://www.abnormallyaspirated.com</a</li></ul>
Old 10-02-2003, 11:56 AM

Is that your personal website?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No, its URS4's company.

Read through the 12V Development Forum.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:05 PM

Default Thank you. Any others that might be interesting or helpful?

I appreciate all the help I can get.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Apparently this place can provide lots of modded engine components...yah just gotta ask ;-)

<ul><li><a href="http://www.eurospecsport.com/eurocat.html">http://www.eurospecsport.com/eurocat.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-02-2003, 12:28 PM

Default I love this car board! Everyone is so helpful!

You guys rock!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Goodness.... Just a note:

There are two schools of thought on K&amp;N air filters.

Do they let more air through? Absolutely. I think everyone agrees K&amp;N will allow better airflow than stock air filters

Do they clean the air sufficiently to protect your engine? Now we see arguments. Some believe it is no problem. Some believe that the air is not sufficiently cleaned. I'm in the latter group.

If you use your car in everyday driving, you don't need a lot of mods. And some mods accelerate your car's performance while they also accelerate wear on your car's parts.

Personally, I'm in the group that believes in protecting your investment, er... I mean, ENGINE, to the greatest extent possible. And I believe some sites who say K&amp;N permits too much "dirt" to enter your engine.

On a track, this isn't a problem - it's a relatively clean environment. For a hobbyist or rallyist, it's not a problem - they can rebuild their engine because they enjoy doing that stuff.

But for someone who goes to and from work, or 'normal' city &amp; highyway driving, why not reduce your maintenance possibilities and stay closer to "stock"?

Your car can be made to accelerate much faster, to have higher torque, to handle much sharper... and most of those modifications will make it ride a little rougher, sound a little louder, wear the engine a little faster.

So, it depends on what you really want... Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Old 10-02-2003, 01:21 PM

Default I thought K&N's were good because you don't have to keep replacing them.

My primary goal is to learn how to repair my car (I've never done this before on any of my other cars, but I LOVE my Audi!) so I don't have to keep relying on repair shops and their outrageous charges.

There are only so many mods that I'll do to my car, I just haven't figured out what they are yet. Most likely, fix the problems that exist, make it last a lot longer and maybe even have a bit of fun along the way.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ^^^Not entirely true.

K&amp;N cone filters, well actually all cone/open-air filters let more air in. K&amp;N and other cotton filter do not let more dirt in, actually less then the papers ones.

Quick Reply: Question from my BF