Rieger RS Bumper Questions:

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rieger RS Bumper Questions:

So I'm considering the Rieger RS bumper, and after talking to the vendor, I found out that its just the bumper 'skin' and that to mount it involves using portions of the existing stock bumper. Can someone with experience (anyone?) offer some insight into this?? I was under the impression that it was a complete bumper shell, and that I would have to remove the bumper shocks and fabricate brackets that mount from the bumper shock mounts to the bumper. So I guess this isn't the case based on what I've been told. Also, the fact that I have to chop up my stock bumper is news to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally, I've always planned on getting the OEM EURO CABRIO bumper thru Autox.biz or Europrice - despite the huge price tags. But once you factor in the cost of shipping from Europe (which isn't included in the list prices), it doesn't really make it a feasible option (at least for me). I just can't justify spending 1/4 the cost of my car on a bumper upgrade!

So if anyone with experience with the RS2copy bumpers has some useful information for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,<ul><li><a href="http://www.rpi-equipped.com/rieger8090Coupe.htm#80conv">HERE'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE</a></li></ul>
Old 11-11-2003, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A little more info I found out...

...to mount it, I'll have to chop off the stock bumper, and only leave the parts that are mounted to the rebar (?). So essentially, the Rieger bumper skin gets adhered to the mounting points of where the existing bumper is/was.

My new question is, based on this information, it seems like I won't have to get rid of the stock bumper shocks right??
Old 11-11-2003, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The Seidl tuning bumper is a bit cheaper.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default but the Seidl bumper is actually an RS4 knockoff right?? I don't like the ugly fins.

Link to Seidl distributor?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well.....

If its true what they say, that is that you will have to add this bumper to your existing one then it means yu will need regular OE euro bumper for that. What I always thought is that reiger is one piece but does need a lot f fabrication to mount....search the forum, its been said here before
Old 11-11-2003, 09:58 AM

the rieger pics show a bumper not a skin. yes the shocks come off.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's a bumper skin according to the distributor, not a complete bumper.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't you fill the fins?
Old 11-11-2003, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They make an RS2 knockoff as well..

<ul><li><a href="http://www.strictly-foreign.com/asp/products_sel.asp?L1=1&amp;L2=AUDI&amp;L3=80">http://www.strictly-foreign.com/asp/products_sel.asp?L1=1&amp;L2=AUDI&amp;L3=80</a</li></ul>
Old 11-11-2003, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Azeem, from what I see and having an RS2 bumper myself...

either RPI are giving you alot of BS or some mis-communication
is going on here. There is no way in heaven that it is going to work with the use of some parts of the DOT bumper. First
of all look closely at where the location of the foglites and turnsignals are. That location is EXACTLY where the bumper shocks are and since the foglites reside very deeply and I repeat very deeply into the bumper there will be absolutely NO space for one or the other.
And as you have posted above looking for the lites that will fit,
you have every intention of making it look like the EURO
bumper. GOOD LUCK. I sincerely think you should contact those asshats at RPI and explain to them about this small
problem.

Quick Reply: Rieger RS Bumper Questions: