side indicators

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side indicators

hello,

can somebody advise please:

How do the side indicators (the ones just in front of the doors) come off/out? mine seem to be stuck with superglue - I need to change the bulbs.

Also, the driver side (right- I'm in England) bulb and holder seems to have fallen back into the body - do I need to remove the splash panel behind the front wheel to get to the wiring/bulb holder?

As usual, any help appreciated.

Regards,

Mick.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try this site..

I think the side markers were a Euro only thing.<ul><li><a href="http://home.attbi.com/~jbipes/ttr/">http://home.attbi.com/~jbipes/ttr/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-15-2003, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: side indicators

Try to gently push the side indicator to either the front or the back of the car, until you can take it off. There's quite some force needed.

As for the bulb holder, I am afraid you will have to remove the splash panel as the attached wiring is pretty long and thus the bulb holder will have fallen down all the way to the bottom of the fender.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:34 AM

thanks for the advice, will try that.

mick.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:11 AM

I've just replaced one (judging by the mark on it, someone kicked mine and it snapped the mount...)

Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera so I'll have to resort to text (but no ascii art!)

There are two holes in the wing for the repeater - there's a big hole which the lamp unit comes through, and a much smaller hole next to it on the side that's towards the front of the car (their centres are level).

The amber repeater unit has a lug on one side that engages in the small hole first when you're putting it into the wing. On the other side (door-wards), there's a press-in lug that will squish in a bit when you push it into the wing, but will pop out and hold it in place once it's past the metal edge.

Mine also had a small black plastic shroud on the door-side - you should be able to push in a small screwdriver between the black shroud and the amber plastic bit and then just lever it out (door side first).

If the lamp unit is still attached, you can then just pull the two bits apart - it literally took me less than a minute to put a new amber repeater in (about £5 from the dealer), although it doesn't fit as well as the original.