Strut bezel installation procedure. Step 1;...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read your post header again sir, Tell me that doesn't have an 'edge' to it.

Flaming is flaming is flaming. It's all relative after all.

Imagine someone else responding to your question that way.

I'd sure want to pursue business with that individual again if that is the 'ice-breaker'

I'm not saying that you have to go back blah blah spend hours of your day doing peoples homework.

I'm trying to give you a suggestion for focusing peoples attention to your 'product' by making all your constant updates easily accessable.

I'm not the only one here who thinks the Archive blows (which it does, you can't deny that) all I'm suggesting is that your 'focus threads' the ones that reveal important information, could be linked (give me a break, it takes 5 seconds to link a page and later on C/P them to your site)

No need to be hostile. You might realize that although you as well as others are "up to speed" on your inovations. Many might not be.

-nick-
Old 10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok I did, several times and I think you're either paranoid or delusional if you're reading...

more into it than is printed there. Perhaps if you spent more time reading what "is" there both in word as well as intent and spirit instead of something you're imagining to be there or putting "your" spin on it it might seem less "edgy" to you.

And I disagree with most things in this post of yours, to wit:

<<Flaming is flaming is flaming. It's all relative after all.>>

Yep I have to agree but "presumed flame" does not, in and of itself, flame make. Methinks thou dost presume too much.

<<Imagine someone else responding to your question that way.>>

As I said before I'd take no offesnse whatever if I asked any question here that had been answered repeatedly in recent days or weeks and someone (or many) suggested I STFA. Hell, I'm delighted to do so in that instance. But then again I like to use the search feature anyway and often. Perhaps thats why I dont get ensnared in these issues. I use the library too. To me the search feature is the "library of AudiWorld." And a constant source of reference for me. I dont struggle with it but rather embrace it as a good friend. No it isnt perfect but neither is Google or ask.com of any of those other search engines. But I enjoy well over 98% success with the AW search function and thats a number I'm happy with.

<<I'd sure want to pursue business with that individual again if that is the 'ice-breaker'>>

That would imply I'm doing business here. And as many of my posts say, I do not. It is specifically against AW terms of service for me to do "business" here.

<<I'm trying to give you a suggestion for focusing peoples attention to your 'product' by making all your constant updates easily accessable.>>

Again, your implication is I do "business" here. Again I tell you thats against AW terms of service. I've only twice posted my own site adress here and never once without a gut-wrench. I show things I'm doing on my car. That is not to be confused with "here, buy this widget from me." People should support their AW banner advertisers and paid sponsors rather than me. Most of my sales are european, asian and Pacific Rim in origin and less than 3% of "all" my sales even come from this country, less than 1/5 of 1% from this forum specifically. This site is not my main thrust but at least I speak the language, enjoy participating and sharing here and some here kinda like to hear about what I'm doing with my car.

<<I'm not the only one here who thinks the Archive blows (which it does, you can't deny that) all I'm suggesting is that your 'focus threads' the ones that reveal important information, could be linked (give me a break, it takes 5 seconds to link a page and later on C/P them to your site)>>

Well dont lump me into your category of search feature haters. I both can and do deny it blows. I rely heavily on it. I like it, nay, LOVE it! I have no issues or problems whatever using it whenever the opportunity arises. I have a 4 page (maximum bandwidth) web site. And no plans of expanding. Remember, I'm retired, and not pursuing any career or business. I'm playing! Where would you suggest I put this stuff? On my 5-50th page of my simple 4 page/3 item web site? You have me confused with a "business" as well as doing business here. I'm neither. I'm a little retired man playing in his garage making widgets for his own car and his own use that some people would like to have for their cars. I did "business" and for over 40 years. You should've been around then and you coulda told me how to conduct my business. But you cant show up now and even recommend how I choose to "play."

<<No need to be hostile. You might realize that although you as well as others are "up to speed" on your inovations. Many might not be.>>

Again, you confuse straight talk with hostility. Frankness with combativeness. You have all the right in the world to say these things and never have me accuse you of being "hostile" but I have obviously "lesser" rights to deny than you do to accuse me of them? Thats great action when you can get it. But no, no hostility whatever. Tho when you accuse me of being something or even anything that I'm not you cant remove my right to deny it or tell you you're wrong. And if denying even one of your accusations makes me seem hostile then thats not "my" neurosis and I struggle with concerning myself with other people's neurosis.