Thinking of putting my car on ebay. Good idea or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of putting my car on ebay. Good idea or bad?
Old 05-04-2002, 07:17 AM
liz

Default If it isin bad shape and you are dishonest, it's good. No seriously....

The good part of it would be you don't have to show it around to a lot of jerks and let them test drive it.
The bad part is the bidders on eBay usually are bargain hunters and occassionally they don't actually buy the car after they win the bidding.
If you have really beautiful photos of a really gorgeous car in a popular model you can expect a fair price. Expect them still to test drive it of course and maybe have a mechanic inspect it before they give you the money. You have to guarantee the car is in the condition you say it is in. Give tons and tons of description of it, list every ding or problem, along with raves about it, of course. But as for getting a high price, forget it. I'm not sure how popular Audis are on eBay, I know the high end Mercedes seem to do well.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default The auction is a contract, the bidder legally has to pay if he wins.

Even if he test drives it, has it looked over, etc., when all's said and done, he still has to come off the cash wether he wants to or not. If he tries to back out you can have him banned from Ebay and take him to court. Just make sure you include that the car is sold AS-IS with no warranty, implied or otherwise. It seems to help to require a deposit within a certain time from the auction's end.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:10 PM
liz

Default About 1 out of 5 don't pay on eBay and don't get banned. And try to sue someone...

when they live in another state, you don't have their address or possibly even their real name, don't know how to collect your judgement if you win in court, etc.
It's easier just to re-list the car on eBay and get it sold.
It sounds good to say you can sue someone, but if you have ever done it you know how big a pain it can be and how hard it can be to get money if you win, all to sell a car.