Well does it really take 12hrs. + for the Admins to approve my DIY??? Really????

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well does it really take 12hrs. + for the Admins to approve my DIY??? Really????

I took my time and wrote the DIY and posted pics of all the steps like 7pm lastnight and it said my "DIY write up" needed to be approved by the Admins on this site.

Well I feel like I wasted my time with this site because it should not take 12hrs. to post pics on a website and my "DIY" post is not even posted yet.

I am not impressed by this site and I thought it sucked because I could not find out even find the location of a "Simple tranny filler plug" for a 1995 Audi 90 CSq on this site, which Im quite sure it has been talked about before but the "Search" feature sucks major ***** and also I could tell no one really cares anyways about the orginal post.

I know that this site will not get anymore keystrokes
Old 11-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry man, it's not supposed to require approval for ANY post, I have no idea why it is. As for the search problem, try using TRANSMISSION instead of TRANNY.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Garmin330
I took my time and wrote the DIY and posted pics of all the steps like 7pm lastnight and it said my "DIY write up" needed to be approved by the Admins on this site.

Well I feel like I wasted my time with this site because it should not take 12hrs. to post pics on a website and my "DIY" post is not even posted yet.

I am not impressed by this site and I thought it sucked because I could not find out even find the location of a "Simple tranny filler plug" for a 1995 Audi 90 CSq on this site, which Im quite sure it has been talked about before but the "Search" feature sucks major ***** and also I could tell no one really cares anyways about the orginal post.

I know that this site will not get anymore keystrokes
There are other options on the internet.

AW is not as good as it once was. Not listening to what your members want will do that. HOWEVER, AW is still a good resource to have.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

May I suggest that you sit back, have a beer and relax a little. Frankly, every one of your posts have been a little on the rude side. Not everything on the internet happens at the speed of light,. I know from being a web administrator you have to set security first priority. This means disabling the auto posts for DIY's so an actual person can look it over. Internet bot's love to use the ability of posting instantly spreading their filth and spam. Thus the wait.

Now I'm sure it's a fine write up, and when the Admin get's a chance he'll approve it.

This and many other Audi forums are a little slow because we own cars that are out of the main stream "trendy" genre. They are rock solid, and hardly have issues besides ones that have been covered over and over. If you post something and don't get a response, it's not because people are being jerks... Either we don't know, or haven't had time to reply. Not everyone sits on these forums all day long just waiting for someone to post a question. We help where we can.

If this explanation does not suffice, may I suggest getting the Bentley Manual, it has everything you ever needed to know about your vehicle and more.

Get it here: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/audi/ Well worth it!

And let me be the first to say.... Thank you for the write up! Every little bit helps.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Sorry man, it's not supposed to require approval for ANY post, I have no idea why it is. As for the search problem, try using TRANSMISSION instead of TRANNY.
Im sorry for coming off rude....its just very fustrating at the time to get this tranny fluid changed plus all the late nights researching whats the best too use. I guess I was tired and I just wanted to help out.

Im very sorry....
Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No issue bro... Been there, done that.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

No worries, I completely understand. I'm still trying to figure out why the software is snagging certain seemingly random posts and holding them up waiting for approval.

Thanks for coming back!