Whats it all worth??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it all worth??

Hello Folks,
Been out of the "Audi world" for a while now and I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on what these parts I have left over would be worth. So here's the story... About 5 years ago I had a 90cs quattro with lots of RS2 stuff on it. The water pump died and engine seized up and I wound up moving to Hawaii shortly after. So I pulled most of the good stuff off before I left and stashed it in my parents attic assuming I'd build another someday. But as time goes on it just seems less and less likely that I will be building another Audi. So here is what I've got:

-RS2 bumper (painted green, professionally)
-RS2 Headlights
-Porsche fog lights and signals (for the bumper)
-RS2 front sway bar
-BBS wheels (I think 16")
-Short shifter

That's all I can think of at the moment, but there may be a few other odds and ends. I'm still in Hawaii and won't be back to visit the folks for another month or two. I troll eBay periodically but never see any of these parts listed on there anymore. So if anybody could help out with some approximate values it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its worth a lot. prob you paid a lot for it.
however market has been changed ans shipping is a killer.

so either you can sell it fast for a lower price or keep the price high and wait.

things like the paint on the bumper worth almost nothing pro job or not. (first its green second its need to be blend in)
RS2 headlight, is it from a LHD car or RHD cos that makes a big different.

btw post pictures, 1 pic = thousand words
Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply. All this stuff is boxed up in Oregon and I'm in Hawaii (camera doesn't zoom that far lol) Just looking to see if people still buy this stuff. Wasn't sure if I didn't see anything similar posted on the ebay because it's rare or if people just aren't interested anymore. If it was all worth a couple hundred dollars I probably wouldn't bother to sell it. Well I guess I will keep my eyes open and see if any of this stuff pops up and how much it sells for. Thanks again!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

The parts are reasonably rare for there to not be as many for sale.

The age of the car is also starting to cut down on the desire for the parts as not as many people own them.

There are definitely people still looking for these type parts, so you should be able to sell them for a decent amount and within a reasonable time frame.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks GuyllFyre, Yes hopefully I can sell these in a reasonable amount of time when I visit this winter. But I gotta get off this site seeing all these old 90's is making want another one!

P.S. is there seriously an STP fuel additive sticky!?! What's this world coming to? hahaha
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: for what it's worth...

Did you know there is a classified section on the site where you can also post the pictures Varia suggested. Folks will also want to know what's new, used, OEM, aftermarket, the condition, brand, wheel specifics like off-set, width, model, etc. Do you have a photo of your car with these installed?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lago Blue, Yes I understand there is a classified section. But seeing how these item aren't (yet anyways) for sale it would have been a little confusing to post a question in that section. I really don't have any of the specs on anything. Everything is used, maybe on the car for a year or so at the most. Been about 5 years since I've even thought about this stuff. No pictures and everything is in storage approximately 2500 miles away. I understand it's hard to value something you can't see but I was kinda looking for answers like: "A good used RS2 bumper goes for $150-250 depending on condition" or "RS2 headlights typically sell on ebay for $150"... ect ect. Just looking for general values not offers. Thanks for your comment hope this clears things up a little.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Q90CS
Lago Blue, Yes I understand there is a classified section. But seeing how these item aren't (yet anyways) for sale it would have been a little confusing to post a question in that section. I really don't have any of the specs on anything. Everything is used, maybe on the car for a year or so at the most. Been about 5 years since I've even thought about this stuff. No pictures and everything is in storage approximately 2500 miles away. I understand it's hard to value something you can't see but I was kinda looking for answers like: "A good used RS2 bumper goes for $150-250 depending on condition" or "RS2 headlights typically sell on ebay for $150"... ect ect. Just looking for general values not offers. Thanks for your comment hope this clears things up a little.
u got a pm
Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by varia
u got a pm
pm'd back