Why do A4 owners laugh and poke fun at our cars?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 10:28 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm calling you out on this. Your "friend" is full of ****.

One of the employees at this "anonymous" shop you speak of is a URQ owner. In case you were wondering, a URQ makes your car look like it just rolled off the assembly line.

The other employees are older Qcar/German car fans as well.

Get your "friend" to post here, and confirm that it was indeed an EMPLOYEE of the shop before you start spouting off.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Rest In Peace

BTW - I am also a B4 fan. I lusted after the CQ for years.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here are a couple of pictures of the A4, Coupe, and 4000

The Coupe in the picture is my old Coupe. It was in an accident and was replaced by a red one.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audionline.com/audi12v/gallery/gallery10.htm">http://www.audionline.com/audi12v/gallery/gallery10.htm</a></li></ul>
Old 09-12-2002, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't know anybody who meets your description...

A few points:

Many have graduated from older Audis to new Audis. They have fond memories of them.

Many have not. I'm one of them. I didn't care for any Audi prior to the A4, even though my father sold them. I always liked MB and BMW better until recently. The new Audis are the reason I have had two Audis.

I like old cars. I hate working on old cars. Old cars are good second cars and I really don't need one.

I'm not underwater because I prefer to lease a car with free maintenance and a great warranty. My monthly expenses are fixed, and that makes better sense to me. My Audi payment is peanuts compared to my house payment.

Please consider that aftermarket companies produce the most stuff for current and late models. Maybe the shops you've visited haven't got anything for you because their suppliers don't make parts for 80/90 cars.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:23 AM

Default Mr Bradford, I find your hostility disturbing and.......

distressfull. There is no need to go off on a huff on what I think is a matter to be discussed on the A4 forum. Not here.
A4 owners in my experience are not of the same ilk as we here on this platform. They(A4 owners) will not go to the lengths we here do to keep our rides going. There is a certain amount of pride in achieving this. You as a lover of older Audis should instruct those that Panzerwagen has alluded to, to have the same respect you posess. It has been well known that A4 owners are of a different lot and at times arrogant in their way they look at older Audi owners. Their loss for they could learn so much on how to maintain their cars before moding them without thinning out their. Please keep your fiery rhetoric to the A4 forum, I'm sure they'd appreciate it there.
wallets.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:31 AM

Default No disrespect but aren't you on wrong forum?

Many of us are not blessed with oodles of cash either but we subscribe to a different philosophy than you. As stated in your posting, you do not like nor care to work on older cars. In fact you so much as stated you don't like the model Audis we here on this forum discuss, sooo, why the hell are you posting on this forum? My answer to you is the same to Mr Bradford...the A4 Forum is to your taste. Not here. We enjoy wrenching our cars and looking for obscure parts and mods. Our pride is that we exchange ideas and fixes, we help each other fix cars that you consider a waste of time.
You are what Panzerwagen is alluding to. Nuff said.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

BigMouse, Ali Goulet etc. can put most A4's to shame! I LOVE having a rare car!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ps

If i buy a 91 Audi 200tq (20vt) and put in about $1000 for a chip and 'stuff' .... i would have saved thousands and you'd be reading my bumperstickers .... if you're fast enough! Not enough mods out there for you???? Thats the fun of actually knowing what goes on in your engine and not just 'snapping' on mods! You A4 owners will never understand! Not all of you b/c i knew some really nice guys that owned A4's just you freakin @$$holes out there!

(not intended for anybody inparticular just letting out steam)
Old 09-12-2002, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: BTW - I am also a B4 fan. I lusted after the CQ for years.

Why don't you get one then? I'm sure the boys up in Minnesota can fix you up.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Green jacket, gold jacket? who gives a ****?

I've shown up at a bunch of local GTGs. Usually I am the only 90 there. The A4 and S4 guys are usually really nice. Who cares anyway?

Mike

Quick Reply: Why do A4 owners laugh and poke fun at our cars?!