WTF? Cross-post from 5000/200/v8 Forum... Give him some opinions;-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF? Cross-post from 5000/200/v8 Forum... Give him some opinions;-)

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/v8/msgs/82636.phtml">Crazy guy who wants to mess up a 20vt</a></li></ul>
Old 09-05-2005, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The best approach is for him to give me the 20vt and buy a Camaro.

That way the car is saved, he gets the kind of car he wants, and he spends the money he wants to spend. Perfect!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:45 PM

Default the truth is that he can get more hp from that setup, handling is another matter.

Give the guy the benifit of the doubt.

What ever he does with the car. He'll learn from it and that's what matter.

Don't be such an audiholic.

Have you seen the coupe quattro with the american v8 engine on the drag strip in the uk?

Allow others to look into there thoughts. I hate it when people shut others down. There isn't any learning involved it's just a bunch of people making fun of another fella who wants to be different.

There's nothing wrong with being different. If there wasn't people thinking differently in this work it would be a very boring place to live in.

So that's my rant.

open your eyes to allternative solutions.

Maybe he wants the challenge in life? I suspect building that sort of car would keep him occupied in his garage for a while and that would be much better than staring at a computer all day looking at naked boobies.

Ranting... I hate forums these days.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default He purchased the wrong car for the job. If he wanted an auto rear wheel drive car why get the 200?

It makes no sense wasting time reverse engineering something like this. I guess I think differantly...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Default go tell mance not to spend $50,000 on an engine after you tell him this stuff.

get the point?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:03 PM

Default also what does "sense" have to do with anything these days.

The problem with audiworld is that options are shut down. This site doesn't think creatively because you stop the process of learning before it even begins.

There's nothing wrong with learning. What you choose to do with what you have learned from this forum is your prerogative.

ttyl
josh
Old 09-05-2005, 02:12 PM

Default I hate reading your posts these days.

They all have an aire of "I'm doing something different that may never be done or work, but I have the ***** to do it, so I'm better than those who do it the proven, tried and true way".

Taking a 200 20v and ripping out the quattro drive train to "convert" it to a rear wheel drive set up with an automatic transmission is <b>retarded</b>, and there is no way you can look at it from another angle to make it seem admirable, or ground breaking. It's not interesting for someone to do a mod that would be detrimental to the performance of that car.

If he's looking for a challenge, then he should do something to the car to extenuate its already forthcoming and "ahead of it's time" nature, not revert back to the stone ages.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No, I don't. Why did you make another post for that last little comment?

I have respect for what Mance is doing. I have nothing wrong with doing things outside of the box. What I have a problem with is people doing assinine things. Making a very powerful 12v V6 unlike any other and sticking it in a very tastefully, well thoughtout, chassis is smart. Taking a rare car and trying to think how to put an auto rear wheel drive trans in it is plain stupid. What do you gain? Maybe you get a little more power to the ground but in the end it is never going to be a good drag car. Do you know why?... It is too heavy to be a competitve drag car. Maybe he will learn this after trying it but why not learn now and save a lot of trouble?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:15 PM

Comparing what that person wants to do to his 200 to Mance's exploration of the Audi 12v is wacky.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:17 PM

what's retarded is that your shallow and you've been listening to others to much.

Quick Reply: WTF? Cross-post from 5000/200/v8 Forum... Give him some opinions;-)