Your iMPG ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by x19
Hi, So are you guys changing oil/filter every 3,000 mile? why do you do every 3000 miles oil service? Don't you think that every TURBO need the clean oil and not only turbo, all engine need cleaning devise on and you may save TURBO if you use it. Let change your mind 3000 mile oil service.
http://3000milemyth.org x19
There is no myth. If you have an old car (engine) and you use jeffly lube and its product then its safer to change oil at 3000miles then later.

However is also true that in Europe, european car manufacturer recomend changing the oil at 10-15K km.
Also, in europe they got different oils, i would say better.
What are (or can be) the main differences between oils of the same type, i.e. what's the difference between a 'good' and a 'bad' oil?

It all comes down to honesty really.....so beware! A good oil is what it claims to be on the can. 10W/40? Does it really pass the cold test at -25C? Quite a few I've tested do not. There is usually an API spec quoted, such as API SH or SL. These are car-based, and a good basic quality guide. If absent, leave it on the shelf, and avoid lawyer-speak:
'meets the requirements of....' or 'recommended (by whom?) for use in....'.

Then there is the 'synthetic' minefield! Provided the price hasn't been pushed up by shipping an average oil 5000miles from the West coast of the USA, you get what you pay for. The best performance oils are made in the more developed European countries, but low price buys the cheap 'modified mineral' synthetic and not much of it, with a poor multigrade polymer. As is so often the case, quality follows cost.

"generates millions of gallons of waste oil every year that can pollute California's natural resources."

Thats a myth. Why? its simple, cos you never heard of recycling.
Used motor oil can be reprocessed into fuel that can be used in furnaces for heat, or in power plants to generate electricity for homes, schools and businesses. It can also be used in industrial and utility boilers, blended for marine fuels, and other uses. Used motor oil can also be re-refined into lubricating oils that meet the same API specifications as virgin motor oil.

So, again, its not the system (cos it works) its the human being.
Sometimes they are not too smart.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 PM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your iMPG ?

If I didn't use the OIL cleaning device on my engine, I probably had worst fuel economy and donated my car to charity group may be. This magnet really works on my car and I see the OIL still clean without change OIL 3 years. Why do my E/OIL clean ?
Turbo need this kind of cleaning device in lubrication system. What do you think ? x19
Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think you're a spammer and need to be banned.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How about a couple pictures of your car and the "device" installed?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Default Your iMPG ?

http://www.tagen-tecs.co.jp will tell you what is this! x19
Old 05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just quickly read through your pattent submission. Looks like your making this thing out to be better than in really is. The gains in M.P.G. were not great. I can get the same gains and losses just by a little throttle controll. even on your research the agents in the oil only lasted about 2000km. longer. one more thing have you cleaned out your filter yet? it says to clean it every 60,000 km. what type of sludge did you get. looks like you did do a lot of research on this product, you should market it to the "green " movement with all that stuff about saving trees by not using paper elements you have put in your findings. The tree huggers will buy any thing to save the earth. go bother them
Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Default Your iMPG ?

This device are collecting the "DEBRIS" from inside of engine and we all know that this 'debris" is nothing better for internal combustion chamber engine and specially to TURBO charging system.
Not only turbo, all engine needs cleaned oil by this stuff and I see the problem of oil lubrication such a clogged oil suction screen to shaft on TURB (loosen shaft and burning oil through) if you didn't use this.
Also. engine that has VVt ( Valuable Valve Timing ) system doesn't like these DEBRIS of course.
This device has been tested at the University of California Riverside,Bourn College of Engineering
Center for Environmental Research and Technology on 1999 includes oil analyze, emission and fuel economy. All test report are satisfy and are you still changing oil every 3,000 miles ?
What do you think? x19
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by x19
This device are collecting the "DEBRIS" from inside of engine and we all know that this 'debris" is nothing better for internal combustion chamber engine and specially to TURBO charging system.
Not only turbo, all engine needs cleaned oil by this stuff and I see the problem of oil lubrication such a clogged oil suction screen to shaft on TURB (loosen shaft and burning oil through) if you didn't use this.
Also. engine that has VVt ( Valuable Valve Timing ) system doesn't like these DEBRIS of course.
This device has been tested at the University of California Riverside,Bourn College of Engineering
Center for Environmental Research and Technology on 1999 includes oil analyze, emission and fuel economy. All test report are satisfy and are you still changing oil every 3,000 miles ?
What do you think? x19
I really didnt want to say it -but since you asked twice- i think you are an idiot.
and am I too if im gonan arguee with you.