Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

'08 A3: Motorola Droid X bluetooth connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 A3: Motorola Droid X bluetooth connection

I recently upgraded my old Windows Mobile phone to a Motorola Droid X. The old phone worked well via the bluetooth connection in my A3. I had no problems pairing and connecting the new Droid X with the nav (RNS-E) bluetooth, and the phone consistently re-connects immediately after starting the car. But nothing I've tried makes the phone directory available to the car system. When the left steering wheel [mode] button is pressed, "Please Wait" is displayed. The phone receives calls, originates calls (from both the phone and manually from Nav interface,) but the directory won't transfer from the phone to the car. I've explored Motorola/Android/Audi forums and tried a number of suggestions: Various configurations for the Contact list on the phone, resetting the phone configuration in the Nav, etc. Nothing seems to change the above symptoms. Any information/suggestions/advice/relevant experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolved

Since I started this thread, I've initiated similar threads in other forums, and received no relevant information. It's been nearly a month since I acquired the Droid X and connected with the Nav system in the A3, and yesterday, just for kicks, I hit the [Mode] button and lo and behold, the "Please Wait" display had been replaced by my phone contacts. I can associate the event with no change made in the car or phone environment. Go figure. Must be something in the air. Anyway... all is well and I appreciate all your input. BTW... the version of Android OS in my phone is 2.2.1, as released by Verizon.

Thanks again,
Bob