Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

'09 has arrived...initial styling thoughts, and questions (at bottom)...item's for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 has arrived...initial styling thoughts, and questions (at bottom)...item's for sale...

So we'll skip over the story of the transfer from an '07 to an '09, but it included a ditch and the insurance company.

The old car was a stripped down 6 spd, bottom of the barrel A3. The new car is a stripped down 6 spd, bottom of the barrel A3.

In terms of styling: I like the new front end (would look much better if I had fog lights), rear tailights are sweet, new rims are hidious (anyone want to trade? 17" 5 spokes). The side view mirrors are enormous. ENORMOUS, looks like they came off a toyota tundra. I think they'll grow on me though, turn signals in the mirrors are a nice addition.

Interior: double din concert stereo, like this a lot. The ash tray delete is a standard now I guess, tons of room below, awesome. Don't like the leather seats (discussed a dozen threads below), but the leather steering wheel is a sweet move up from the plastic crap on the old one.

Standard are the previous s-line chrome vents. I like the old black ones much better.

Dash display is sweet, all white, much more info, trip, tpms, all that good stuff which is sweet.

Sat radio is standard? how do i get charged for this? i already have an xm account, gotta call the dealer.

And I'm sure this is all in my head, as i haven't driven the '07 in 3 weeks, and i've been driving a subaru, but it seems the clutch takes about half the force as the old one to through to the floor, am i nuts?

QUESTIONS!!!

radar detector: Len's hard wire install worked great on the '07. Is there a mute button on the '09 to replace the pass. air bag button like the '07??

Ipod: my old radio was a single din, am I going to need a new Dice unit for the double din? Current dice unit says I-Audi on the rear. Don't want to use the AUX in the arm rest, what a horrible location.

TPMS: winter tires are on, no sensor installed. Can I shut off the sytem for the winter? VAG?

How similar are the VAG codings for the '09? Would like to shut the seat belt chime off, the remote windows, the display lights always on, etc. Len? will these work from your site, or are they completely different?

Item's from my '07: (classifieds, I know) mute button for radar install; xm receiver (4 months old) 8EO035593A...make me an offer.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

old VAG codings won't work. New ECU.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I bet someone one would take you 17" rims for use as winter beaters